Genie G5 5390:
Genie GS5390 shut off solenoid

Hi, I am hoping someone here knows the answer to this hopefully simple problem;
Our Genie has been in a shed for 5 years and was always a good starter. But now it looks as though there is a fuel problem at the injector pumps of the deutz 1011.
I have bled fuel thru to the hex nuts on the fuel line leading into the injector pumps so I know fuel is getting to them. But I cannot get any fuel exiting out of the pumps themselves.
The 1011 has a seperate pump for each cylinder which is strange. But I sort have concluded that all 4 pumps are unlikely to have gone at once, which has led me to think that its a cutoff solenoid somewhere.
Looking at the engine the solenoid is usually loacated at the front of the motor, which in the case of my lift is obscured by a heavy metal plate. If you know the lift then you will know what I am talking about.
I have removed all the obvious bolts holding the plate on, but cant seem to remove the darn thing. Does anyone have any experience with the shutoff solenoid on this machine and can help?
Thanks
  • Posted 7 Nov 2020 20:10
  • Discussion started by Peter_Webster
  • France

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Svetruck 1260-30
Denmark
United States Pennsylvania
Denmark
Japan
Netherlands

In the Virtual Expo

REDDOT R Series Lithium Battery Forklift
Reddot R Series forklift with ergonomic design, international quality components, strong safety guard, AC driving motor lithium battery, and long time durability ensure heavy duty working.

Inside Forkliftaction

Two recent trends are again evident this week. The first is the rise of refurbished equipment as we report on two manufacturers offering certified used equipment. That, of course, is partly a result of supply shortages and delays for new machines.
The second is the roll-out of new models, which
...Continue Reading

Fact of the week

Athletes in the ancient Olympic Games participated in the nude showing off their physical power and muscular physique as a tribute to the Greek God Zeus.
Memorium Nürnberger Prozesse - Nuremberg, Germany
A museum that chronicles the history of the Nuremberg Trials for Nazi war criminals in the building where the trials were once held.

Inside Forkliftaction

Two recent trends are again evident this week. The first is the rise of refurbished equipment as we report on two manufacturers offering certified used equipment. That, of course, is partly a result of supply shortages and delays for new machines.
...Continue Reading

Terberg RT222
Denmark
Denmark
Denmark
Netherlands

In the Virtual Expo

Hangcha 2.0-3.0T A Series Hi Range Pallet Truck
With three braking types for added safety, top quality hydraulic power unit, compact body and rounded design providing ideal operation in limited space.
Logimat Hall 9 Stand C32.

Fact of the week

Athletes in the ancient Olympic Games participated in the nude showing off their physical power and muscular physique as a tribute to the Greek God Zeus.
A museum that chronicles the history of the Nuremberg Trials for Nazi war criminals in the building where the trials were once held.

Kalmar TT618I
Denmark

In the Virtual Expo

PRK 180° Paper Roll Clamp Rack and pinion drive
Designed to take paper rolls in bilge position and upright, with increased ergonomics for the operator. Enables fast and safe rotation with a soft stop.
Logimat Booth B39 Hall 10.

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Fact of the week