Crown 40FCTT-188:
Crown 40FCTT-188, flashing yellow light on battery charge indicator, No drive no lift

Crown 40FCTT-188; S/N: 9A121797; 36Volt; Battery condition is good and voltage is 38.08 or 2.11 volts per cell.
Turn key switch to green, display reads "key" as normal. Turn to yellow, all lamps illuminate and display reads "test" as normal. Release switch, return to green and the yellow battery symbol lamp at the base of the green battery state of charge lamps flashes steady on off. Nothing on the display readout, no drive operation, no lift operation. When seat switch is closed I can hear relay click. When park brake is released and seat switch is open the alarm sounds as it should but display does not read "brak". Same when direction lever selected forward or reverse and park brake applied, display does not read "DIR". Once the battery symbol begins to flash the display reads nothing.
This is an intermittent issue and truck will resume normal operation sometimes if I open, then close the battery disconnect and restart the lift. It does not always work though.
Does anyone have a digital copy of the service manual for this lift truck? If not I plan to order one but it is a few weeks out says dealer.
  • Posted 6 Aug 2021 14:32
  • Modified 7 Aug 2021 02:25 by poster
  • Discussion started by GRUtah
  • Utah, United States
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
If you are certain it is not a battery issue then I would take a look at your battery retainer switches. I have seen a similar problem like this many years ago but cannot remember exactly what fixed it. I have also had a bad control card as well as a faulty Curtis lift interrupt. I always try to eliminate the battery by either swapping it out or using a battery extension cable.
  • Posted 8 Aug 2021 13:20
  • Reply by 1CrownTech
  • Washington, United States
If naval aviation were easy, we'd let the Air Force do it!
1crowntechnician@gmail.com

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Balkancar adds electrical platform trucks - Sofia, Bulgaria New order picker from Linde - Aschaffenburg, Germany Mitsubishi adds heavy-duty electric - Walsall, United Kingdom
Sydney, NSW, Australia Royal Wolf Australia, a United Rentals Company, has acquired the container rental, sales and modification division of Price & Speed Containers. Founded in 1990, Price & Speed...

Latest Jobs

Hazleton, PA, United States
Greenville, NC, United States

Fact of the week

The longest green bean ever harvested grew to a length of 121.9 cm (48.75 in). It was grown in 1996 by H. Hurley of Fuguay-Varina, North Carolina, USA.
Handcrafted Obscure Folk Instruments
Meet India's Tharun Sekar, the man who recreates ancient musical instruments lost to time

Latest Jobs

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
East Peoria, IL, United States
Menomonee Falls, WI, United States Enerpac Tool Group has named Paul Sternlieb as new president and chief executive officer. Sternlieb succeeds Randy Baker, who...
Sydney, NSW, Australia Building on its initial deployment of four Dematic automated guided vehicles (AGVs), Lactalis Australia, part of global dairy producer Lactalis, has invested in an additional...

Fact of the week

The longest green bean ever harvested grew to a length of 121.9 cm (48.75 in). It was grown in 1996 by H. Hurley of Fuguay-Varina, North Carolina, USA.
Meet India's Tharun Sekar, the man who recreates ancient musical instruments lost to time
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Jungheinrich is marking its 20th anniversary in Brazil with a reforestation campaign. For each electric forklift that replaces one powered by diesel or LPG, the...
Sydney, NSW, Australia Royal Wolf Australia, a United Rentals Company, has acquired the container rental, sales and modification division of Price & Speed Containers. Founded in 1990, Price & Speed...

Latest Jobs

Hazleton, PA, United States
Clinton, Mississippi, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States

Fact of the week