Discussion:
Clark forklift dies when brakes applied in gear.

I have a mid 70s Clark forklift with a column selector automatic forward- neutral-reverse. when in gear if I apply the brakes to stop it will die unless I put it in neutral. I figure there must me a switch to let it stay in gear when the brakes are applied. or do I just have to pop it in and out of gear when slowing down and stopping?
  • Posted 21 Feb 2013 02:20
  • Discussion started by stuart_e
  • Washington, United States
Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
I found an electric clutch switch that somebody bipassed and eliminated the pedal. time to fab a pedal. sweet thanks anyways
  • Posted 22 Feb 2013 15:50
  • Reply by stuart_e
The "signal" here would mean hydraulic pressure in the steel pipe from the inching pedal master cylinder to the inching pedal slave cylinder. Not an electrical signal.
  • Posted 22 Feb 2013 04:02
  • Reply by L1ftmech
  • Tennessee, United States
I did a close check on the forklift and can't find any signal wires hooked in with the brake system. the only wires hooking to the tranny are coming from the steering column from the shifter. there are an extra set of studs on both sides of the tranny but I can't find any spots on the braking system were wires could have been. thanks
  • Posted 22 Feb 2013 03:33
  • Reply by stuart_e
stuart;
On the left side of the transmission you will see a control valve with a brake hydraulic line pipe to a valve. If for any reason that line doesn't receive a single from the inching brake pedal it will not allow the truck to disengage the clutch pack and remove the engine from the drive train.
  • Posted 21 Feb 2013 03:50
  • Reply by MEngr
  • Missouri, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Ice IS1100RIDER-SWEEPER
United States Pennsylvania
China
Belgium
Netherlands

Your Focus

Latest Jobs

Texas, Saint Helena
SAN ANTONIO, United States
Chicago, IL, United States
Anaheim, United States

Fact of the week

During WWII, while testing the top secret and first jet-engined aircraft by Bell Aircraft, US pilot Jack Woolams donned a gorilla mask and a bowler hat on his head so that any witnesses who reported back would not be believed.
The Open-Air Wax Museum
An odd hodgepodge of wax figures is displayed in a shopping center walkway in Saint Petersburg, Russia.

Latest Jobs

Covington, Georgia, United States
Texas, Saint Helena

Toyota 02-7FD30
Malaysia
Denmark
Canada Ontario
Japan

Your Focus

Fact of the week

During WWII, while testing the top secret and first jet-engined aircraft by Bell Aircraft, US pilot Jack Woolams donned a gorilla mask and a bowler hat on his head so that any witnesses who reported back would not be believed.
The Open-Air Wax Museum
An odd hodgepodge of wax figures is displayed in a shopping center walkway in Saint Petersburg, Russia.

Kalmar DCF330-12LB
Netherlands
China

Your Focus

Latest Jobs

Covington, Georgia, United States
Chicago, IL, United States

Fact of the week

The Open-Air Wax Museum