Businesses shipping goods via domestic or international freight operators are required to provide consignment weight and dimensions to the carrier, which are then used to determine shipping charges. Carriers will check these weight and dimension declarations when the freight arrives in their network, or further down the line at hubs, and will make surcharges if discrepancies are found. Commonly, these discrepancies are caused when shipping heavy and large or non-uniform consignments. Shippers find it hard to accurately weigh and measure these types of freight, usually thanks to a lack of time or the correct equipment.
The Cubetape XXL combines mobile weighing and dimensioning technology into the existing shipping process, without adding additional steps or losing valuable time. The solution allows shippers to easily weigh and dimension 100% of consignments before they are shipped, ensuring the correct weight and dimension data is provided to the carrier, removing the possibility of surcharges from under declarations. Where shippers are providing their own transportation for goods, the Cubetape XXL can be used for load planning, as well as ensuring vehicle axle weights are compliant with road legislation.
Features and Benefits:
- Accurately weigh and dimension 100% of outgoing freight.
- Stop unplanned budget expenditure by removing the possibility of unexpected surcharges.
- Eliminate human error by removing the need to manually record weights and dimensions and enter into a PC or (hand)terminal.
- Seamlessly capture, store and analyse consignment data as part of your existing process.
- Provide a robust audit trail to defend any discrepancies with freight carriers
- Add pictures to your data package for proof of receipt of goods.
To find out more or book a demo, please contact us!
Parceltools Europe BV
+31 653 440 640
PO Box 7730
Gainesville, GA 30504
Local Phone: 404-795-8460
Toll Free: 877-605-8650
ABN 50 133 207 271
24-26 Mary Parade
Rydalmere NSW 2116
+61 439 89 2468