Safety Day goes virtual
Wednesday, 27 May 2020
Washington, DC, United States
Flashback: OSHA's Loren Sweatt addressed industry leaders in Washington last year
COVID-19 will not halt next month's National Forklift Safety Day (NFSD) 2020, but it will force the ITA to run it as a virtual event on the same date and time: 9 June 2020 at 9:00 AM east coast time.
During NFSD 2020, open to everyone, videos of speakers and presentations will be available for viewing from that time on the ITA's website
The format will remain the same, with presentations from government representatives, safety experts and industry representatives.
The speakers and their general topics for National Forklift Safety Day 2020 include:
- Brian Feehan, president, Industrial Truck Association Moderator
- Jay Gusler, ITA chairman of the board & executive vice president of operations, Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA): Welcome & Overview
- Loren Sweatt, principal deputy assistant secretary of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): OSHA Updates/Resources
- Chuck Leon, technical specialist, Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS): Pedestrian Safety
- Scott Bicksler, lead safety manager, Aerotek: Temporary Employee Safety
- Chuck Moratz, NFSD task force chair & senior vice president, global engineering, CLARK Material Handling Company: Forklift Industry Safety
Now in its seventh year, National Forklift Safety Day remains an opportunity for the industry to unite behind safety and, perhaps this year more than ever, focus on the need to reinforce the importance of operator training.