Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
/lynad/news_adclick.asp?assid=19802/lynad/news_adclick.asp?assid=19815/lynad/news_adclick.asp?assid=19803/lynad/news_adclick.asp?assid=19804/lynad/news_adclick.asp?assid=19816
Ads
21505

Jungheinrich invests in Li-ion


Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019 ( #911 ) - Hamburg, Germany
News Story
Jungheinrich is investing in lithium-ion
Jungheinrich and Triathlon Holding have come together to found JT ENERGY Systems, a joint venture focused on the production and recycling of lithium-ion battery systems. The company will be based in Glauchau, Saxony. The founding is subject to approval of the project by the relevant competition authorities.

Jungheinrich holds a 70% share in the joint venture with Triathlon taking the remaining 30%.

The company is due to begin operations in August 2019.

JT ENERGY Systems intends to create around 100 new jobs at the plant in the next few years.

The aim of the joint venture between Jungheinrich and Triathlon is for the two companies to expand their production capacities to cover the ever-increasing demand for lithium-ion battery systems and to further develop their technological leadership in this field.

JT ENERGY will supply products to both companies.

Hans-Georg Frey, chairman of the board of management of Jungheinrich, says exponential sales growth in recent years shows that the intralogistics sector is making a decisive move toward lithium-ion technology. "Jungheinrich recognised this trend early on. Today, we act as a one-stop shop, offering everything from our own energy storage devices and power units to battery chargers, and our comprehensive expertise in energy makes us innovation leaders within the sector. This collaboration with Triathlon will enable us to leverage further untapped potential in the market for electric trucks and drive the development of this future technology forward."

Martin Hartmann, managing director of Triathlon Holding, believes that the joint venture will see the partners achieve greater economies of scale and scope that will in turn increase their competitiveness. "Going forward, this move will give our customers and partners access to an even broader range of cutting-edge lithium-ion battery systems based on the latest technology."
Discuss Forkliftaction.com News stories in the Discussion Forums!
 
x
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x