Hyster® Tyre Handler trucks are engineered to help provide fast and cost effective changing of heavy duty large truck tyres. For mine operators, maximum uptime of the mining equipment is crucial. Hyster tyre handlers are designed for excellent all-around visibility, controllability and manoeuvrability to facilitate efficient tyre removal and replacement services the first time around, keeping the haul truck running.
Featuring a true "plug-and-play" system, Hyster tyre handlers are easily installed and assembled on-site. In addition, mines can choose from either a dedicated Hyster Tyre Handler or a dual function truck that can quickly disconnect the handling attachment for use as a Hyster Forklift, reducing the number of service vehicles in the mining fleet which can lower operating cost.
HOW TO SELECT A TIRE HANDLER
THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD BE FOLLOWED TO ENSURE THE SELECTION OF A TIRE HANDLER THAT IS OPTIMAL FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- The Hyster Tyre Handler (TH) models are designed to handle capacities up to 16,330 kg with tyre diameters ranging up to 4170 mm.
- Up to seven easy-to-control hydraulic functions help to accurately position tyres, including lifting, tilting, side shifting, clamp / unclamp, body rotation, pad rotation and fall back arm protection.
- For dual use applications, hang-on quick connect carriage models provide flexibility for use as a tyre handler or for some other fork lift activity. The trucks can be reconfigured within an hour.
- Intuitive operator controls are conveniently laid out and provide convenient actuation of all tyre handling functions.
THE FOLLOWING INDUSTRY SEGMENT AND SITE SPECIFIC ELEMENTS ALSO NEED TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Identify the largest/heaviest tires in your fleet
- Determine tire size(s) for largest trucks
- Identify the tire size in this Tire Handler Product Selector Guide
- Consider tire dimensions and rim weights
- Determine total wheel weights with/without chains
- Select the attachment with sufficient handling capacity
- Verify that the attachment provides all handling functions desired:
Body rotation / Grab pad rotation / Clamp/Unclamp / Sideshift / Fallback protection
- Select the truck with sufficient rated tirehandling capacity for the attachment
- Consult this Tire Handler Product Selector Guideto ensure correct equipment selection
- Ensure that the tire handler will handle the full range oftires required (minimum/maximum diameter)
- Dedicated use (requiring Integral) or flex use (requiring Hang-On Quick Connect) operation
- Clearance around wheels and proximity to fuel and hydraulic tanks
- Terrain at application site
- Truck size and manoeuvrability
- Overall tire handling truck width clearances
- Overall lift and stacking height requirements
- Maintenance and service support requirements
A full line of dedicated and dual use tyre handler models are available from 2265 kg through 16,330 kg of handling capacity.
Demo/Stock unit available in Australia
H16XM-6 coupled with Greenfield Tire Handler TH15A ready for action!
Contact your local Hyster dealer for more information on http://www.hyster.com/pacific/en-au/dealer-network/find-your-dealer/
Hyster-Yale Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
P: +61 2 9795 3812
E: send an email