Systems Material Handling Company (SMH) is pleased to announce that on May 3, 2004, it has successfully released version 5.0 of its Information Resource Management Network® (IRMN®). The widely-recognized offering from SMH is the industry's first private intranet developed to assist users in ordering parts and providing up-to-date information on more than 500,000 replacement parts and accessories for material handling and industrial equipment vehicles.
Created by SMH in 1997, IRMN® has been updated and improved many times through the feedback of the over 2000 subscribers to the service. IRMN® 5.0 is built on faster Network Load Balanced Windows 2000 Server platform and the code has been completely re-written to dramatically increase the response time of inquiries. In conjunction with the new release, SMH has acquired all new IBM hardware throughout its IT application in order to further enhance the speed of transactions and to ensure the highest level of security and stability.
Pankaj Shah, who has been instrumental in the creation and development of IRMN® over the past 7 years, stated "While we designed the new release for increased speed, even we were surprised with the increased response times. The result is a combination of new architecture and the method with which we manage images and information."
Major new features of the IRMN® 5.0 Release include:
* 5 times faster than before
* E-mail order confirmation
* Search parts in Catalog Pages or Drawings
* View parts images
* View available "Material Safety Data Sheets"
* Inquire / Order multiple parts up to 50 items
* Use IRMN® to prepare quotes for your customers
* Look up a "Recommended Spare Parts List (RSPL)" for models you service Background Information on SMH:
* Since its founding in 1971, SMH has grown into one of the largest providers of forklift parts in America.
* SMH has distribution facilities in Olathe, Kansas; Rancho Cucamonga, California; Mississauga, Ontario, Canada; and Toluca, Mexico.
* SMH has released its 2004 TotalSource® Master Catalog of over 2000 pages.
Phone: (800) 255-4109