- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment such as forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks, golf carts, pallet jacks, and scissor lifts.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- License/Certification: Valid state driver's license. Valid Class B license.
- *Minimum Experience: 2 years of experience required as a Mechanic NOT driver*
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to operate any other related power equipment.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems
- Read and understand operating manuals, troubleshooting guides and wiring schematics
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace sub assemblies, such as transmissions and engines
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
- Research, order, and maintain van parts inventory for services and repairs.
- Adjust and maintain machinery, using control and regulating devices.
- Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
- Must be familiar with OSHA regulations regarding the operation of a forklift, clamp truck and all other related power equipment.
- Must possess the ability to be focused on observing proper operating procedures and safety practices.
- Must possess the ability to carry heavy objects, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to be able to move certain materials that cannot be moved with power equipment.
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures dependent on weather.
- Must be able to work around fumes, odors, chemicals and/or loud noises.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must provide excellent written skills.
Requirements / Skills
CDL, Clear of DUI
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Self Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations