CLARK Material Handling Company a global leader in the forklift/material handling industry is growing our sales operation and seeking to hire a Dealer Relationship Manager.
To be consider you must apply on our website at www.clarkmhc.com
A robust and durable dealer channel is necessary to achieve CLARK strategic goals and maintain healthy revenue generation. This role will act as a central hub of business resources to support dealer channel health, growth and performance.
The Dealer Relationship Manager performs an essential function and is responsible for maintaining a critical focus on dealer performance, cultivate new partnerships and expand market coverage.
Working closely with leadership, this role will develop and implement a plan to execute CLARK dealer channel strategy and enhance performance of the CLARK dealer distribution channel.
* Ensure CLARK dealers receive support & resources necessary to develop, grow and perform.
* Maintain close relationships and regular communication with dealer principles.
* Conduct analysis to identify trends and opportunities for CLARK product distribution.
* Consistent measurement of individual dealer health and performance to plan.
* Drive course corrective efforts and supportive dealer education to bring underperforming dealers up to benchmark.
* Maintain awareness of eroding individual dealer engagement and effectiveness with CLARK product. Take actions to curb and retrain.
* Identify opportunities and make recommendations to place new dealers, offer territory expansion to existing dealers, and negotiate terms of separation from dealers when necessary.
* Responsible for onboarding new dealers, coordinating resources and personnel to deliver new dealer experience and set them on path to success.
* Coordinate regular measured check-in intervals and reengagements to maintain new dealer branch engagement.
* Cultivate a pipeline of well resourced, strong, potential dealer partners to expand coverage and enhance market performance in each APR.
* Maintain awareness of evolving dealer ecosystem, dealer consolidation and acquisition activity. Prepare reporting and recommended plans to react in CLARK's best interest.
* Develop market by market near term and long-term dealer strategy.
* Act as a true ambassador of CLARK goodwill and dealer support to new dealers and those in need of additional help to achieve goals.
* Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of trends of distribution strategies within the material handling industry and regularly reporting to the senior management team.
* Negotiate, under the direction of leadership, new dealer contracts, territory assignments, performance objectives, initial stock orders, etc.
* Develop and maintain a profile of dealer performance measurements or standards to ensure the long-term health of the CLARK distribution network.
* This position would be a key participant in various company events, trainings, meetings, and trade shows.
* As a key member of the Sales and Marketing team, offer support and assistance to CLARK regional sales managers, aftermarket parts, marketing and national accounts; as needed, to support collective CLARK goals.
* Responsible for conducting market research and analysis of the CLARK dealer network to support overall company objectives.
* Manage and build relationships with dealers to ensure both theirs and CLARK's expectations are being met and exceeded.
* Learn and understand all CLARK products, programs, dealer incentives, marketing plans and dealer services - to effectively communicate with dealer network.
* Perform other duties as necessary to meet goals and objectives.
Requirements / Skills
* 7-10 years of experience in the material handling, or industrial equipment industry.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Available to travel to dealers and prospective dealer candidates throughout Canada and the US.
* Experience working with a dealer network and implementing a dealer distribution strategy.
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently, who possesses superior time management skills.
* Experience in professional sales or sales leadership, with a history of implementing sales strategies to achieve sales performance goals.
* Ability to communicate effectively and easily with C-Suite and other senior personnel.
* Ability to conduct research, analysis and identify trends - and effectively communicate these data to CLARK leadership.
* Proven history of successful implementation of sales and product distribution strategy.
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
* Excellent communication skills- written, verbal & public speaking
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
* High personal standards of integrity and commitment to performing duties with excellence.
* Must be able to travel internationally when necessary.
* Must be authorized to work without sponsorship indefinitely in the U.S.
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business. CLARK Material Handling Company retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of the position at any time.