Discussion:
Used Value?

I wonder if anyone can advise the value of a used Clark, TMX25. It is a 3 wheel, electric, 5k capacity unit with 3-stage mast and sideshift. In 5 years what should the market value be?
  • Posted 3 Sep 2008 08:36
  • Discussion started by linda_a
  • Oregon, United States
Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
"Market value"is set by the -need- for the truck and it's attachments (mast height, etc..) at least as much as by the condition of the unit.
There are plenty of well cared for and excellent condition but very special designed forklifts that have almost no resale value, since no one else could use them for anything.
You -could- just go to the sales side of forkliftaction, and find a few 5 year old (maybe just off lease) 3 wheel electrics to get an idea of what they will be worth when 5 years old.
I am willing to bet a few sales types are thinking the price you are paying for a 3 wheel electric (35k) is a bit on the "nice for the sales departments numbers this month" side, if you know what I mean... It must come "really complete"...
  • Posted 9 Sep 2008 07:19
  • Modified 9 Sep 2008 07:21 by poster
  • Reply by edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
Sorry, I should of made my question a bit clearer. In this situation, the finance company (me) is looking at a furture estimate of the market value. With that in mind, we can assume it is a standard truck in a clean environment with under 1,800 hours a year. The (2008) unit cost is in the $35k range. Can you estimate a market value irange in 5 years?
  • Posted 4 Sep 2008 01:48
  • Reply by linda_a
  • Oregon, United States
I would agree with Ed's assesment. Like all things, especially in todays economy, it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it. Another factor would be the condition of the battery. If it has an excellent battery then good, if the battery is on it's last legs then you need to add about $5,500 to what you are willing to pay for the truck so that you can replace the battery.
As far as what it might be worth in 5 years you may want to ask a resident of Fort Myers, FL or Las Vegas what they thought their house would be worth in 2008 when it was purchased in 2003.
  • Posted 4 Sep 2008 00:31
  • Reply by duodeluxe
  • United States
duodeluxe
this model number covers a number of years of manufacture, if you could give us the complete serial number, I am sure someone could give a better but still very rough answer. what mast and attachments it currently has will make a lot of difference also...
The bottom line is how the machine was maintained and used. A truck being used 3 shifts, moving molten metal or in a fish house or rendering plant will not be as valuable after 5 years as a truck used 1 time a day for 15 minutes to move pallets of clean food cans or TVs inside a clean warehouse.
A forklift sales professional should be able to give a better estimate after looking at the unit -carefully-. This is worth paying for, although it should not take more than 15 minutes looking at the truck, the writeup and parts pricing may take the better part of a man-day to complete.

So with the info you have provided, I can say the machine and battery have a value somewhere between $600.00USD and $26,000.00USD
  • Posted 3 Sep 2008 20:17
  • Reply by edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
"it's not rocket surgery"

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Norilsk, Russian Federation MMC Norilsk Nickel, one of the leaders in the Russian mining industry, has purchased five new Bobcat TR50.210 rotary telehandlers and related attachments from the...
McConnellsburg, PA, United States JLG Industries is offering its JLG670SJ self-levelling boom lift in North America. Equipped with JLG's exclusive and patented self-levelling technology, the 670SJ is engineered to...

Upcoming Events

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 - Wed, Oct 6, 2021 - Online, United Kingdom
June 22-25, 2022 - Bangkok, Thailand

Inside Forkliftaction

This week's newsletter includes a couple of fleet expansion reports. We find these valuable because they indicate the areas of economic growth - both geographically and in industrial sectors.
But, more importantly, it's valuable to all potential buyers to see who is choosing what - and why. Clearly, some case studies reveal
...Continue Reading

Movers & Shakers

director of people operations
Wildeck, United States
UK/Europe sales manager
Seen Safety, New Zealand
vice chairman
NatRoad, Australia
retired
Allied Toyota Lift, United States

Inside Forkliftaction

This week's newsletter includes a couple of fleet expansion reports. We find these valuable because they indicate the areas of economic growth - both geographically and in industrial sectors.
But, more importantly, it's valuable to all potential buyers to see who is choosing what - and why. Clearly, some case studies reveal
...Continue Reading
Lorette, France French equipment maker Haulotte has recorded a satisfying sales rise in the first half of 2021. In its statement to the market, the company notes...
Surrey, United Kingdom Hyster is the latest to offer integrated lithium-ion battery power in its counterbalance truck range, with the launch of the J2.5-3.0XNL. Engineered around a fully...

Upcoming Events

Movers & Shakers

Wildeck, United States
UK/Europe sales manager
Seen Safety, New Zealand
vice chairman
NatRoad, Australia
retired
Norilsk, Russian Federation MMC Norilsk Nickel, one of the leaders in the Russian mining industry, has purchased five new Bobcat TR50.210 rotary telehandlers and related attachments from the...
Northampton, United Kingdom Doosan has launched a new, range of electric reach trucks. The BR14JW 9-Series combines faster operating speeds with advanced ergonomics and greater driver comfort. As...

Upcoming Events

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Movers & Shakers

Wildeck, United States
UK/Europe sales manager
Seen Safety, New Zealand
vice chairman
NatRoad, Australia
retired