Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Hyster S35XL, IMPCO CA55M-500 Hard to Start.
First - thanks to all who helped me get this beast running last year. It ran great all summer but as the weather got colder it became very hard to start, to the point where I just let it sit all winter - had snowmobiles to ride anyway!

So, into the shop I go today to give it a try. After tons of cranking and adding a battery pack to the brand new monster marine battery I already have in it, I got it running. BUT, it only fired after I let it sit for a while.

Sequence...
1. crank crank crank for several minutes. no start.
2. let it sit for 10 minutes to have starter cool.
3. crank again and nearly instant start up.

If it was a gas engine I'd say it was flooded. But I'm not familiar with LP enough to know if that's a thing?

Note, last year I took the mixer apart and cleaned it but did not replace any parts. Also, never rebuild the cut off or regulator as they seemed to work fine. Wondering if it may be something in there?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Machine:
Hyster S35XL
B010B1979E
LP fuel
  • Posted 25 Mar 2018 01:43 AM
Total replies: 7. Showing items 1 - 7 of 7 results.
Replies
houw menny work ouwers???
  • Posted 25 Mar 2018 07:48 AM
Hour meter says 1250 but not sure itbit works or not.

Machine:
Hyster S35XL
B010B1979E
LP fuel
  • Posted 25 Mar 2018 08:42 AM
Engines that run on LP can flood, the way that Gasoline Engines can flood.

In regard to the LP Vaporizer/Converter, the Diaphragm might look OK, but sometimes it can develop a pin hole leak that is very difficult to see.
You might need to rebuild or replace the Vaporizer/Converter.
Lots of people that own LP forklifts take for granted that their LP tank works fine and the gauge on the tank might be defective. You might want to buy or trade in, if you can, the LP tank.
Pull the Spark Plugs and Distributor Cap and Rotor. Take a good look at them and replace them AND the Ignition Wires at the same time, if necessary.
  • Posted 25 Mar 2018 11:10 PM
Thanks for the tips. All new plugs, wires, coil, condenser, points, and rotor last year so that's good. Also new alternator and big battery so the spark should be good. The fuel system did not get rebuilt tho so your ideas on diving into that are likely a great place to go next. Thanks!

Machine:
Hyster S35XL
B010B1979E
LP fuel
  • Posted 26 Mar 2018 03:15 AM
get your inlet there is finished and see if it is not heavily polluted by gas
also look carefully at your gaskets of your inlet you must have enough vacuum
  • Posted 26 Mar 2018 04:50 AM
If this has the OEM vacuum lock off you need to see if the fuel is being turned on. Crack the inlet fuel line at the vaporizer and crank the engine, you should get fuel almost instantly, if not check the vacuum at the lock off. If the vacuum is good install a kit in the lock off or replace it. If you get fuel to the vaporizer and still no start install a kit or replace the vaporizer.
  • Posted 27 Mar 2018 02:47 AM
Sounds logical. Thanks!

Machine:
Hyster S35XL
B010B1979E
LP fuel
  • Posted 27 Mar 2018 03:54 AM
Total replies: 7. Showing items 1 - 7 of 7 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x