Discussion:
how bad is the economy, really?

I wonder if anyone is seeing any door closings on brand name dealers, or just "right sizing" for the market?
Has Pons or Briggs decided to completely get out of or sell off any Geographic market area they had covered before?
  • Posted 20 Nov 2008 21:47
  • Discussion started by edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
Showing items 31 - 45 of 50 results.
johnr i, You directed this to me because ??????? My comment was not personal.
You seem to have missed the point, so let me spell it out for you.

When a company files for bankruptcy, this has a trickle affect. This does not just involve their company and its employees but it affects the vendors that are caught up in it and their employees and once you add the economy on top of it, this just equals harder economic times. Some companies obviously are in denial. You do not need to be an insider to see that.

May I say - opinions are like a holes everybody has got one.
  • Posted 23 Dec 2008 02:06
  • Reply by Bino2
  • FLORIDA, United States
Re: Clarklift.
I don't know or care who is right or wrong however I would not want to argue about the facts of my company over a chat forum on the internet. Unfortunately or not it is an unwinnable argument.
  • Posted 22 Dec 2008 23:18
  • Reply by duodeluxe
  • United States
duodeluxe
Bino2,
Here are a couple of things to consider:
1. The great thing we have in this country is called free enterprise and part of that is the fact that companies for a myraid of reasons go out of business adn people loose their jobs -especially when the economy goes South. When it happens to you *** it up and move foward - can't cry over spilled milk. I know well I work for a $2billion/year company for 14 years and they died they death of a rag doll.

2. As I was once told, unless you are in the inside of any situation, good, bad or otherwise, the rumor mill get in high gear. The best policy is to disregard the rumors unless you know all the facts. It seems Mr. Allen is definitely the insider here. Public records do not tell all the story.
  • Posted 21 Dec 2008 23:49
  • Reply by johnr_j
  • Georgia, United States
"Have An Exceptional Day!"
My name is Larry Allen and I approve this message"

lol
  • Posted 20 Dec 2008 11:13
  • Reply by justinm
  • New York, United States
New York, New York its a heluva town..you know that The Bronx is up..and I'm Brooklyn down
Public records show that Clarklift of Florida is a new entity that bought Clarklift of Orlando, which is now dissolved. That is not a name change! The new owners have invested millions of dollars in private money to bring the Clark brand back to prominence. We have many open trade accounts and I'll provide bank references to anyone because we are strong. Clark has been making forklifts for over ninety years and we have great products. Clark is becoming a force once again. My name is Larry Allen and I can be reached at 321-504-0515 if anyone has a question.
  • Posted 20 Dec 2008 05:25
  • Reply by BleedGreen
  • Florida, United States
Thanks Bino2. Fact is they were in bankruptcy until Mr. Allen and another investor came along. I have friends in every major dealer in town. All of them had recieved notification a little over a year ago and all of them still have Mr. Allen on COD. So he has gotten mad and put everyone else on COD. Shall we talk about the stories of trying to get credit under a different name. Dont tell me what I know Mr. Allen. As Bino2 stated you cant deny public record. Over the last 20 years I have been offered work there many times and once again I gotta say not in a million years.
You can change the name but you can not change the facts, they are public record.
I wonder how many vendors are still bleeding GREEN and how many employees have lost their jobs due to this bankruptcy and economy?
  • Posted 19 Dec 2008 00:55
  • Reply by Bino2
  • FLORIDA, United States
Hey Ed stop by and give me a lift,Ill pay gas.Dont think they like it when I drive the van to put in apps.Merry Christmas
  • Posted 18 Dec 2008 13:11
  • Reply by proshadetree
  • Tennessee, United States
Which branch should all the new techs show up at tomorrow? :-)
  • Posted 18 Dec 2008 09:53
  • Reply by edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
To bad it isnt in tennessee.Lot of guys going home early.Dont look good.
  • Posted 18 Dec 2008 08:38
  • Reply by proshadetree
  • Tennessee, United States
bigGlittlestar

My name is Larry Allen, I am one of the owner of Clarklift of Florida, and although times are tough we are picking up new customer from the weaker copitition. Clarklift of Florida has never been in bankruptcy, it seems someone that profresis to know so much about our industry should know the facts before you post them. If you get laid off from your current position, please call us because we are hiring.
  • Posted 18 Dec 2008 05:13
  • Reply by BleedGreen
  • Florida, United States
Hi There
Are you looking for good deal ?
If you're used to work with up to 100 forklift....I can offer to cut down on expenses at least 85% into batteries.
Plz feel free to send email at philippe dot alan at gmail dot com
  • Posted 14 Dec 2008 15:47
  • Reply by philippe_m
  • JALISCO, Mexico
Independant, loook real close to the customers your soley u putting everything into keeping customers they pay the bills? B U T what trips me off (I) invested my time and money into my customer because HE NEEDS HIS EQUIPMENT TO SHIP THE PRODUCT.Customer closed the doors 2weeks later.I love my job
  • Posted 6 Dec 2008 14:12
  • Reply by LOGIC
  • Ontario, Canada
The simple things in Life are the greatest rewards!
to give you an idea I am located a couple hours west of Toronto. I am a independant contractor, all summer we had 50 to 60 hour weeks incl every other sat. Since Sept things have slowed down major , everybody is cutting down on expenses. The automotive sector for example ( nut and bolt factories) major lay offs to the extent of half staff. Down to two shifts instead of three and looking at a four week shut down at Christmas. Lumber whole salers products not moving and people just standing around. My work load has reduced by 60 percent which has me very worried ( last week lay-offs ). the only good thing now is the price of fuel 75 cents per liter down from 1.35
  • Posted 25 Nov 2008 21:26
  • Reply by BrewCrew
  • Ontario, Canada
We`re here for a good time
NMHG HQ in North Carolina just a had a major layoff this past Friday. Affected all departments and struck pretty hard. NMHG of course handled it with their usual efficiency and sensitivity.

Unfortunately the management people responsible for NMHG's troubles stay on.
  • Posted 23 Nov 2008 11:50
  • Reply by MH_Prof
  • North Carolina, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Machinery-onQ Listings
Komatsu PC10-7
  • KomatsuPC10-7
  • 1991 | Used - Sale
  • Japan
Nissan L01A15W
  • NissanL01A15W
  • 2007 | Used - Sale
  • Japan
Toyota 5FGL25
  • Toyota5FGL25
  • 1991 | Used - Sale