Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Mast wont come down
  • bob_c
  • caithness, United Kingdom
Hi
I have an old Manitou rough terrain forklift recently aquired. On raising the mast high oil started to run out of the top ram between the outer and inner shafts quite fast, on raising and lowering a few times the flow reduces to a very small trickle, as the forklift hasnt been used for a while could this be a dry seal or worse ?
The other problem is the mast wont come down now more than about half way, it will rise above that point no problem but when lowering stops at exactly the same spot with the lower ram showing fully and the forks at about half height.
I have looked around the chains, slides, rollers etc and cant see anything stuck in the gear or that would stop the mast traveling down.
Any advice would be appreciated.
All other functions like side shift and tilt work as they should.
Bob
  • Posted 24 Mar 2014 08:48 AM
Total replies: 4. Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
Replies
  • stam
  • Ontario, Canada
is this a compound lift cylinder? it sounds like it.
try lifting with a load and see if you come down then.
everything you are saying is pointing to an issue inside the lift cylinder which is unfortunate if it is a compound... $$$
  • Posted 24 Mar 2014 11:53 PM
  • bob_c
Hi
I dont know what a compound lift cylinder is, how would I tell which type it is ? Where would the lift cylinder be is it part of the mast aseemlbly ?
I cant put a load on it as the forks are stuck up in the air.
  • Posted 25 Mar 2014 12:27 AM
  • bob_c
Hi
A result!
I hand loaded a pallet of concrete blocks on to the forks while it was up in the air and on the third try it came down so maybe its just lack of use ?
I have taken it up and down with the full pallet on and it seems to work ok now although not tried it without the load, might be best to only elevate it when there is a load on in future.
Thanks for the suggestion
Bob
  • Posted 25 Mar 2014 01:56 AM
Hello Bob,

I have Manitou ERS14, same problem, mast lowering not working. and on display its showing height encoder error, rest encoder but i didn't found any encoder there are two limit switches on top of mast only.
waiting for your support.

thanks in advance.

Qasim Afridi
  • Posted 18 Jun 2015 06:35 PM
Total replies: 4. Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x