Discussion:
Hey John J. Meola...

I appreciate the words of safety, but I know at some level, If I don't tell you, some of the others around here will, but powered industrial trucks do not have (and it should not be advertised by "experts" as such) "roll cages". they are falling object protection, not in any manner designed as protection from a roll over.
Thanks...
  • Posted 5 Jul 2013 06:42
  • Discussion started by edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
"it's not rocket surgery"
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
Hey Guys good morning from Richmond, Virginia, and YES, you are exactly correct with that comment. I'm so used to pointing at ROPS hardware on the machines we work with that I just plumb skipped the difference in the distinction. I am glad you caught it, and thanks for pointing it out.
We actually had a Bob Cat go over onto it's roof a couple years ago. And the ROPS did it's job. The geometry of a typical forklift would make this extremely unlikely so yes, protection from falling objects (FOPS) is the right call. Thanks for catching the detail!
Best Regards, John J. Meola, CSP, ARM
  • Posted 12 Jul 2013 00:10
  • Reply by SafetyMan
  • Virginia, United States
There's FOPS and ROPS and neither should be confused. Bobcats have a ROPS and lift trucks have FOPS.
  • Posted 10 Jul 2013 04:24
  • Reply by nissan33
  • Florida, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ingleby Barwick, United Kingdom Miller Homes has painted a forklift pink to raise awareness and money for three popular charities. The builder’s Teesside team has nominated British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research and Great...
Paarl, CP, South Africa A 28-year-old woman has been killed in a freak forklift accident on the KWV site in Paarl, South Africa. Police have identified the victim as Roché Fortuin, an employee...

In the Virtual Expo

NSS16-20N2(I) sit-on stackers from Cat® Lift Trucks
These flexible sit-on pallet stackers are ergonomically designed for intensive stacking and internal transport, long distances and shifts, and stacking up to 7.0 metres.

Movers & Shakers

senior marketing manager
Tompkins Robotics, United States
chief digital officer
Wiferion, Germany
director of dealer development
Toyota Material Handling, United States
director of national accounts
Toyota Material Handling, United States

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Xcmg XLF180
China
China
Australia Victoria
China
Japan

In the Virtual Expo

Automation Solutions for AGV from Bolzoni
AGV automated solutions are continuously evolving, and Bolzoni has been developing, designing and manufacturing special handling attachments for AGV applications including paper, food and beverage, logistics and more.