Caterpillar GC25K OR GP25K:
No spark

Hi and thanks in advance for any help! I replaced a water pump and when I finished up the lift wouldn't start again. First thing I did was check timing to make sure it was wrong. It was right by the marks and piston on tdc rotor pointing at number 1 plug wire. Feel pretty confident that's it's all correct. Next I check to see if I was getting any spark to the plugs and I didn't. Wiggles wires, check plugs to coil and crank sensor and everything look good. It did start once at this point but only once. Thinking it was a bad wire in the harness I Ohm the wires in harness and everything checked out. Replaced crank sensor and coil and still nothing. Could it be in the exam? Has anyone ran across this?
  • Posted 16 Jan 2020 08:26
  • Discussion started by garland_s
  • Tennessee, United States
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
Ok after emailing swoop, here's what happen. When removing/replacing crank sensor it has to be adjusted from.32-.37. There's really no adjustment on it as the bracket bolts to front cover and the sensor bolts in it. I had to drill the bracket to be able to move it enough to get.32. After doing so it now fires. Still having problems but think they are unrelated.
  • Posted 23 Jan 2020 07:09
  • Modified 23 Jan 2020 07:10 by poster
  • Reply by garland_s
GC25K
AT82E00638
  • Posted 16 Jan 2020 08:42
  • Reply by garland_s

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Mitsubishi FD200 F11B
Australia Western Australia
United States California
Canada Ontario
Denmark

In the Virtual Expo

Camso's Solideal PON 775 NMAS forklift tire solutions.
The Solideal PON 775 NMAS forklift tire solutions - engineered to prevent static build-up in high intensity applications where non-marking tires are required.

Latest Jobs

Wigan, United Kingdom
East Peoria, IL, United States
Fort Myers, Florida, United States

Fact of the week

The tallest people in the world live in the Netherlands. The average height for Dutch men is 183cm (6ft), while women average 171cm (5ft 7in). According to military records, the average male height in the Netherlands has risen by 20cm in the last 200 years.
Spider Statue in Yerevan, Armenia
Destruction from Armenia's 1988 earthquake inspired an artist's sculptures of scrap metal.

Latest Jobs

Wigan, United Kingdom

SMV (Konecranes) 10-600B
United Kingdom
Netherlands
Australia South Australia
Japan

In the Virtual Expo

ProMatDX - April 12-16, 2021
At ProMatDX, you'll find 500+ exhibits and 100+ education sessions tailored to help you discover equipment and system solutions for your material handling and supply chain needs. Join us April 12-16, 2021.

Fact of the week

The tallest people in the world live in the Netherlands. The average height for Dutch men is 183cm (6ft), while women average 171cm (5ft 7in). According to military records, the average male height in the Netherlands has risen by 20cm in the last 200 years.
Destruction from Armenia's 1988 earthquake inspired an artist's sculptures of scrap metal.

JLG 2030ES
Canada Ontario

In the Virtual Expo

Heavy-duty reach stackers from NC Nielsen
Our range of heavy-duty reach stackers customised to suit your application. Lifting capacity from 85 to 152 tons!

Latest Jobs

Decatur, IL, United States
Indianapolis, United States

Fact of the week