Toyota 8FGU32:
Mast won’t lower

I have a Toyota 8FGU32 that won't lower or tilt. All it will do is raise. Everything else works fine and no codes. I've looked through the harness and can't find anything sticking out. Anybody have any clue what this is? Thank you
  • Posted 20 Mar 2021 06:46
  • Discussion started by Grant_Blum
  • Ohio, United States
Grant blum
Showing items 1 - 6 of 6 results.
You can loosen the main lift hose just enough to check mechanical side of the mast to see if it lowers. If it lowers then you cleared up the mast. Next is electrical. Lift/lower solenoid on valve body. Have to measure coil resistance and or replace/check the lift switch located on main valve body. If oil hasn't been maintained, the screen fills up with ash from dirty oil and causes this.
  • Posted 22 Apr 2021 22:50
  • Reply by ron_k
  • North Dakota, United States
4kliftman
check forks and fork support for (even) (Proper alinement).... We had a similar issues with a Mitsubishi lift - Forks would go up - would come down and then stop.... Would only go down about knee high....
We adjusted the chains - Chain was tight on one side - causing the fork support to bind and pull to one side... Hope this helps.
  • Posted 22 Apr 2021 21:47
  • Reply by Rebel_Richey
  • Oklahoma, United States
REBEL RICHEY
Still have not solved. The mast at it raises but nothing else and no codes.
  • Posted 22 Apr 2021 03:49
  • Reply by Grant_Blum
  • Ohio, United States
Grant blum
Thank you for your response. It's not the bearings. It still only raises. Eventually it goes down but only because it leaks down very slowly. If I raise it 2 inches it would take 30 min to slowly leak down all the way.
  • Posted 22 Apr 2021 03:48
  • Reply by Grant_Blum
  • Ohio, United States
Grant blum
Hello,

If no codes are present than this would be a mechanical issue - I am assuming. I would treat each issue separately at first. If the mast won't lower, either maybe a bearing//roller could be obstructing the path. If the mast cannot tilt, maybe an oil pressure blockage. I would use the relief valve on the oil control valve to see if it lowers when you relieve pressure.

Could be an issue with oil pressure return. So inspect all return lines from the tilt cylinders and mast. If no obstructions and are allow full return, than look into actual oil control valve.
  • Posted 15 Apr 2021 04:34
  • Reply by Angel_Mendez
  • Illinois, United States
- Thanks!
Hello.
Do you solve this? I have similar fault.
  • Posted 10 Apr 2021 04:49
  • Reply by Jim_Wise
  • Greece

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Positive reaction to virtual transport logistic - Munich, Germany LiftEx Bahrain postponed - Manama, Bahrain bauma postponed to October 2022 - Munich, Germany
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Schmetterling recently launched a new series of Sinoboom machines in Kuala Lumpur, attracting the attention of rental companies across Malaysia. Schmetterling was appointed as Sinoboom's...

Latest Jobs

Hope Mills, North Carolina, United States
POMPANO BEACH, United States
Pasadena, Texas, United States
Austin, Texas, United States

Movers & Shakers

technical director
RTITB, United Kingdom
sales manager, UK
Elokon, Germany
president
Battery Council International, United States
vice president of operations and distribution
Panacea Aftermarke, Canada

Latest Jobs

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Des Moines, IA, United States
Martorell, Spain Spanish car maker SEAT has deployed two autonomous, collaborative mobile robots from French company Effidence to transport around its Martorell factory. SEAT is the first...
Forkliftaction continues its reporting on the finalists in this year's IFOY awards with reviews of the contenders for the AGV category honours.

Movers & Shakers

technical director
RTITB, United Kingdom
sales manager, UK
Elokon, Germany
president
vice president of operations and distribution
Panacea Aftermarke, Canada
Amarillo, TX, United States Shoppa's Material Handling has opened a new Amarillo, Texas location. The new 30,000 sqft. (2,800 sqm) state-of-the-art facility will include the market's first advanced battery...
Forkliftaction continues its reporting on the finalists in this year's IFOY awards with reviews of the contenders for the AGV category honours.

Latest Jobs

Wetherill Park, Australia
POMPANO BEACH, United States
Des Moines, IA, United States

Movers & Shakers

technical director
RTITB, United Kingdom
sales manager, UK
Elokon, Germany
president