Clark C500 SERIES:
J&S 525 carburetor

Carb has model 525 low pressure regulator for LP gas 449M. It is old and I can't find anything like it online. I've installed a new water jacket. Now when I try to start the engine the lp gas pours out of the carburetor in liquid form from behind the carb near a small hose intyake at the fitting. What should I be doing so it will start? Thanks.
  • Posted 10 Jan 2022 12:17
  • Discussion started by arnold_d
  • Maryland, United States
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
Thanks for your information. I wish you were still working on Clark lift trucks since I haven't found a knowledgeable mechanic yet.
Was the old zenith converter in the water jacket? The water jacket fits over a hole on top of the engine connecting it with the radiator.
I have the steel body carburetor with choke cable.
I looked at century website and will contact them for a conversion kit. That seems like to only way to go. I hope the conversion is easy. Any tips for the conversion?
You gave me lots of good information. Thanks again for your help.
  • Posted 22 Jan 2022 04:08
  • Reply by arnold_d
  • Maryland, United States
I read your post l worked on lift trucks for 37 years the system you have is very old it used a zenith converter in the top water housing it put out approx if l recall about 11 psi there is a Allen screw in the converter top if you remove you can check the pressure there it bad will drive to apply 30 psi also there were to style carbs that were on that truck one was steel body with a chock cable and also later and allumium body with and electric primer they had problem with them if you check the pressure at the converter and it is good then the carb is bad l do not think they are available any more you may be able to get the zenith converter LG it checks out bad. the other thing you could do would be is to change the whole system to emco you could call century fuel and ask them for a converion kit also l recall the converter went in the thermostat housing there was a metal ring that held the thermostat in if it moved over the water hole fitting the converter might freeze and give the same problem you have hope l shed some light for you
  • Posted 16 Jan 2022 06:36
  • Reply by Scott_
  • Pennsylvania, United States
Scott

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Risavika, Norway Kalmar has concluded an agreement with Westport AS to supply a Kalmar Electric Reachstacker to support its decarbonisation efforts. Delivery is scheduled for Q4 of 2022. Founded in 2009...
Berlin, Germany International logistics companies Dachser, DB Schenker, duisport and Rhenus have established the Open Logistics Foundation in Berlin. The purpose of the non-profit foundation is to build a European open-source...

Upcoming Events

February 15 - March 22, 2022 - online, United States
September 20-22, 2022 - Auckland, New Zealand
24-26 August, 2022 - Melbourne, Australia
October 4 – 6, 2022 - Antwerp, Belgium

Next Editorial Features

1. REDUCING ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT - Feb/Mar 2022
2. MH MANUFACTURING IN EUROPE - Apr/May 2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada Analysis by equipment auctioneer Ritchie Bros. shows dramatic falls in the volume of equipment sold in North America in 2021, but significant increases in prices. Forklift volumes dropped 2.2...
Bedburg, Germany Sany has begun production of the Sany STH1056A telehandler in Bedburg for the North American market. The main focus is on combining European components, for example German Deutz engines...

Upcoming Events

Next Editorial Features

Risavika, Norway Kalmar has concluded an agreement with Westport AS to supply a Kalmar Electric Reachstacker to support its decarbonisation efforts. Delivery is scheduled for Q4 of 2022. Founded in 2009...
Vancouver, BC, Canada Analysis by equipment auctioneer Ritchie Bros. shows dramatic falls in the volume of equipment sold in North America in 2021, but significant increases in prices. Forklift volumes dropped 2.2...

Upcoming Events

Next Editorial Features