Hyster H65XM:
"Barn" find -- can't get it started.

I'm trying to resurrect a 2006 Propane H65 that had been sitting in the back of warehouse for years. Had the GM 3.0L engine pulled and rebuilt, new distributer, plugs, and coil. The guy doing the work for me can't get the engine started -- he even called the local Hyster Propane guru and he can't figure it out. Won't even hit on ether. Timing seems to be OK, although spark just seems to be weak to me. There are LOTS of wires that have been cut and I'm told they are all for "safety stuff". What should I look for? I ordered a service manual but it won't be here for days. Any hints or suggestions about where to go next will be appreciated.
  • Posted 7 Sep 2018 12:12
  • Modified 7 Sep 2018 12:13 by poster
  • Discussion started by Skoorb422
  • Alabama, United States
--JDBrooks
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
send email to phone number 61430943108 I can give you wiring diagrams etc
  • Posted 28 Sep 2018 06:16
  • Reply by redbull
  • Queensland, Australia
Compression check, make sure it is sparking when it is supposed to, make sure plug wires are in the correct order. I'm guessing the distributor is not set right because it should do something if you sprayed ether in.
  • Posted 13 Sep 2018 01:52
  • Reply by mrfixit
  • New York, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

How can you move a batch of palletised goods in half the time? It’s simple: carry the pallet loads two at a time. That’s the idea behind the new platform double pallet handler range from Cat® Lift Trucks.
BSLBATT, a fast-paced, hi-tech company focused on advanced lithium-ion technology solutions, recently announced the order for Yale, Toyota Jungheinrich, Nichiyu and Still forklift batteries for a leading forklift dealer.

Upcoming Events

February 7-9, 2023 - Long Beach, California, United States
February 20-21, 2023 - Sydney, Australia
March 14 - 15, 2023 - Hamburg, Germany
March 28-29, 2023 - Coventry, United Kingdom

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Kalmar DRG450-65S5
Netherlands
United States Pennsylvania
Canada Ontario
Denmark

Upcoming Events

February 7-9, 2023 - Long Beach, California, United States
February 20-21, 2023 - Sydney, Australia
March 14 - 15, 2023 - Hamburg, Germany
March 28-29, 2023 - Coventry, United Kingdom

Next Editorial Features

FORKLIFT MANUFACTURING IN CHINA - Feb 2023
SMART ATTACHMENTS - Mar 2023
BSLBATT, a fast-paced, hi-tech company focused on advanced lithium-ion technology solutions, recently announced the order for Yale, Toyota Jungheinrich, Nichiyu and Still forklift batteries for a leading forklift dealer.
See your dealership promoted extensively on Forkliftacion and Machinery-onQ with our 12-month dealer advertising package. You'll receive: Wholesale trading (wholesale prices and opportunities) Unlimited stock on Machinery-onQ Extensive promotion...

Featured Business

VETTER Forks, Inc.
The world's most comprehensive product range as well as the most intelligent sensor fork for more safety and efficiency.

Inside Forkliftaction

There's some optimism about the global economy from one of the world's leading banks, Deutsche Bank.
The bank's chief investment officer for Private Banking, Christian Nolting, is tipping mild recessions in Europe and the US for 2023, "but improving dynamics in Asia where supply chains are all but resolved". ...Continue Reading

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom