eForklift is proud to be in partnership with BYD as the exclusive Australian and New Zealand distributor for their products.
As a start-up with only 20 employees, BYD was founded in February 1995. Since then, BYD has grown into a global company with 240,000 employees.
The company has been established across six continents and is the first Chinese company in history to open a vehicle manufacturing plant in the U.S.A. BYD has played a pivotal role in various industries including electronics, automobiles, new energy, rail transit and materials handling equipment.
They are in the top 10 list of manufacturers of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries, and in 2019 they were ranked No. 3 in Fortune's "Top 50 companies that have changed the world for the better in the last 10 years".
BYD is one of the world leaders in LiFePO4 Lithium technology and it owns and control the complete process from the ground to the vehicle. With the same quality and in-house technology BYD manufacture their forklifts to meet the highest standard and with their own maintenance free LiFePO4 batteries they deliver a forklift that is capable of working around the clock, 7 days a week. BYD have been manufacturing forklifts for their local market for eight years and commenced exporting to the USA and Europe in 2014 and Australia in 2019. BYD is the world's largest manufacturer of Lithium Powered forklifts.
BYD lithium forklifts offer many benefits including being environmentally friendly with no harmful emissions. The lithium-iron-phosphate battery also does not cause any heavy metal pollution.
The benefits of BYD lithium forklifts when compared to conventional Lead-Acid battery forklifts include:
- No water refilling required
- No shift batteries, gantry cranes or staff required to change batteries out
- No dedicated ventilated charging area required
- Standard charge in 3 hours, allows opportunity charging anytime, a 20-min quick charge will give you .0 hour; or our 2-hour fast charger is an option
- The battery is approx. 30% more efficient than a lead-acid battery. The 80V270Ah lasts up to 10 hours and 80V540Ah up to 20 hours operating time for a 2.5 tonne forklift
- No eye wash station required for safety, because there is no hazardous acid liquid
- Expected life of 4000 full charge cycles while lead-acid battery can only provide 1200 charging life cycles.
When compared to gas forklifts:
- No labour required for replacing gas bottle
- Saving of $15-$18.00 per LPG tank per shift on fuel bills
- Cheaper to maintain, the service cost is about half of that for a gas/diesel forklift, much fewer moving parts.
Watch our video
for more information on BYD lithium forklift production.
For more information on buying, renting, or servicing a BYD forklift, contact us now!
Eforklift Pty Ltd
1800 336 757
Email: Send an email