Service Technician United States
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
Midwest Industrial Equipment
As soon as possible
As a Lift Truck Technician your responsibilities will be to perform Planned Maintenance (P.M.), Troubleshooting, Repairing, and Servicing all Brands of Lift Trucks.
This Position is required to be able to complete most repairs on Lift Trucks at the Customer Site and be able to evaluate and decide when the repairs need to be completed in a Lift Truck Shop Environment.
The Technician will be responsible for repairing, assisting and responding to Customer Lift Truck Maintenance items that include, but are not limited to Gasoline, L.P. Gas, Diesel, and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Internal Combustion Engine Powered Lift Trucks, DC and AC Powered Electric Lift Trucks, Hydratork, Hydrostatic, and Powershift Transmissions, Drive Axles and Differentials, Hydraulic and Electrical Brake Systems, Hydraulic Cylinders, Hoses, and Attachments, Uprights and Masts, and Hydraulic and Electrical Steering Systems.
This Position may be required to operate a Service Vehicle and or a Delivery Truck.
This Position will be required to work in a Shop Environment under Supervision, while at other times be able to work at the Customer Site without Supervision in a safe manner.
This Position may also be required to maintain a Parts Inventory, process required Paperwork in a timely manner, maintain Good Customer relations and Communications, and maintain Fleet Management and Customer Application Records.
The Position must be able but should not be limited to working Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM, with Overtime Opportunities available.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Requirements / Skills
- Able to read and understand Electrical and Hydraulic System Schematics.
- Able to repair, or replace major system components, including Electric Motors, Electronic Controllers, Circuit Boards and other Electrical Parts, and also Hydraulic, Mechanical, Gasoline, Diesel, L.P. Gas, and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Fuel Systems, Power Steering Systems, Manual and Automatic Transmissions, and Internal combustion Engines with limited Supervision.
- Troubleshoot and Diagnose Lift Truck Systems and Components.
- Perform Engine Tune-Ups on most makes and brands of Lift Trucks without supervision.
- Perform proper and timely PMs on most makes and brands of Lift Trucks.
- Be able to Troubleshoot and Diagnose all Electrical Systems on Internal Combustion and Electric Lift Trucks.
- Maintain and Properly Use the Hand Tools of the trade.
- Be able to use all Specialty and Diagnostic Tools properly.
- Maintains a Safe and Clean Work Area and Cleans Everything up after completing each job.
- Operate Service Van and maintain it in a Clean, Safe, and Secure Manner following all Required Safety Regulations, Rules, and Policies for the job.
- Provide assistance to other Technicians as required by Management.
- Must be able to Read and Comprehend Service Manuals, Bulletins, and Procedures.
- Assist with Training/Mentoring Apprentice Technicians through On-The-Job Training.
- Follow all Safety Regulations, Rules, Policies, and Procedures in performing Work.
- Demonstrate Exceptional Customer Service and Organizational Skills.
- Properly identify and order all necessary Replacement Parts.
- Driving is an Essential Function of this Position the prospective Candidate. SHOULD HAVE A CLEAN Driving Record and MUST Maintain a Valid Current Driver's License AT ALL TIMES.
- Be Willing and Able to attend Customer Relations and Technical Training as required by Management.
- Perform Other Duties as Required by Management.
Information in this section has been supplied from external sources and therefore may be inaccurate or out of date. Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions. We advise you to confirm details with the source.