This position is responsible for training to handle outside sales by contacting existing customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory. Customers and prospects will be contacted in person, by phone, and by email to address service, parts, and rental needs for generators and engines. The training period will be from three to six months.
Nature and Scope:
After the training period, the Service Sales Rep. will be responsible for selling service repairs, load bank testing, rental generators, diesel fuel maintenance, preventative maintenance, remote monitoring, major parts, and upgrades for all makes and models of generator systems. Detailed quotes will be prepared to include labor hours, parts, travel, mileage and other needed components and services to provide customers and prospects with complete repair and solutions for their generator system needs. All quotes will be prepared using Microsoft Excel for the worksheet portion and using Microsoft Word for the customer quote letter portion.
During the training period, this position will work closely with Service personnel, Parts personnel, and Rental personnel to assure that all inquiries provided are followed up on and that all quoted pricing is agreed upon. Coordination with the Inside Salesperson will be required to assure that the needs of Preventative Maintenance customers are met.
Future duties will also include making presentations to customer groups, trade associations, and working at tradeshows during time periods as required by customers. Presentations will require the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and speaking to large groups.
After gaining experience, in addition to meeting the needs of existing customers, this position will contact any prospect that has a generator to offer our service, parts and rental capabilities. Identifying prospects will require a daily awareness while traveling and making sales calls to find generator users. Regular communications with Technicians, Sales Managers, and Management will also be required to learn of new services sales opportunities.
This position will report to and train under the Service Manager and will receive additional direction, support and training from the Service Operations Manager, Technical Trainer and Rental Sales Manager.
* Train, self-study and learn from various company personnel on job knowledge and selling skills.
* Provide immediate response to any service inquiry from customers or prospects.
* Prepare detailed and descriptive written quotations for service work, parts sales or rental units.
* Efficiently use computers, databases and software programs to provide fast responses to customers.
* Submit timely call reports and expense reports.
* Assure a professional appearance when in front of customers.
* Schedule efficient call routes to provide the maximum number of personal visits possible weekly.
* Develop strong working relationships with customers to assure long term, repeat business.
* Communicate regularly with service, parts, and rental management to discuss sales leads and opportunities.
* Become a part of customer trade associations and groups to promote our company, products and services.
* Improve product knowledge through self study, working with technicians in the field, and attending available training sessions.
* Friendly and outgoing personality.
* Computer skills to include use of Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Email.
* Skilled in typing, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
* Ability to learn to read and interpret detailed written bid specifications.
* Must work well with others and possess good people skills. Will be working closely with multiple departments such as Sales, Service, Rental, Parts, and Manufacturing.
* Ability to call on customers and prospects at all levels of business.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHZlcnJ5LjMwNDEwLjc5MTlAdGF5bG9yYmlncmVkLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ