This position will be responsible to supervise and direct all functions of the Service department as well as supervise Service Engineers and Service Specialists. Will act as the liaison between dealers, end users and the engineering departments in and throughout Clark. This position is a key role in interacting with our customer base, our manufacturing centers and our engineering centers for all issues surrounding truck service. Position objective is to provide detailed information and assist in determining cause and solution of problems as they occur.
Requirements / Skills
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Will supervise and direct the department to provide field service technical support to both the entire dealer organization and end user customers throughout North/Central/South America. Monitors, forecasts, controls and authorizes expenditures of sales policy funds which could exceed $300,000 annually. Provides training for intra-divisional personnel, dealership and technical personnel. Serves as the principle representative for the initiation, tracking and control of Field Fixes and Field Campaigns which expenditures could exceed $2,000,000.
Duties include writing of Service Information Bulletins; serve as CLARK Representative at Regional and National Service Managers Meetings; close interaction with product engineering to insure problems are identified prior to initiation of new product models; direct contact with suppliers to ensure defects or product design problems are recognized and corrected; provide input for technical publications prior to distribution; monitor field problems and communicate them to the appropriate personnel (Engineering, Manufacturing, or Quality) through the corrective action process; develop Standard Times Guide for establishment of warranty time guide authorizations; work with aftermarket support personnel to establish new truck parts stocking levels for dealer organization; and review warranty claims to resolve CMHC/Dealer disputes or to authorize claims for known problems.
1. Supervise Electric and I.C. Service Engineers in the performance of their duties and the interactions with customers, dealers and engineers.
2. Assist warranty administrator(s) in the performance of their duties and settle disputes with dealers on warranty claim decisions.
3. Lead cross-functional team in weekly review and resolution of field issues.
4. Provide expeditious technical support to ensure customer's trucks are returned to service in the least possible time as a back-up to the Product Service Specialists.
5. Effectively reduce the time required to identify and resolve field problems.
6. Prevent recurrence of known design deficiencies in new products as they are in the developmental stages.
7. Determine the need for, and content of, Service Information Bulletins released to the field.
8. Initiate and monitor Engineering Change Requests and Corrective Action Requests to ensure proper accountability for problems.
9. Establish liaison with suppliers when required on identified product problems and determine the mechanism for monitoring problem resolution.
10. Initiate Field Campaigns on safety related issues, forecast campaign costs, monitor for completion and follow up with product engineering to ensure redesign is instituted at the earliest time to reduce overall expenditures.
11. Initiate Field fixes on product durability/reliability deficiencies, forecast field fix costs, monitor for completion and end dates, and follow up with product engineering to ensure redesign is instituted at the earliest possible time to reduce overall expenditures.
12. Ensure manuals and troubleshooting information is technically correct and updated in a timely manner.
13. Reduce overall warranty costs by analyzing problems, determining solutions and communicating these solutions to the appropriate personnel to ensure corrective action is taken to both solve the problem and prevent recurrence.
14. Maintain effective relationships with personnel from dealerships, end users, suppliers and internal personnel.
15. Evaluate Return Material parts when required.
16. Perform annual performance reviews and developmental and improvement plans with staff.
17. Monitor Team Member performance, attitude, loyalty, and motivation, coach and offer counseling and discipline as required.
18. Travel to the source of the problem when required; assist in identifying the problem or relaying the solution while maintaining amicable customer relations under the most trying conditions.
* Prior Supervisory Leadership experience in a technical/service environment, with four year college degree, or
* Must have high technical skills and the ability to use an array of sophisticated instruments and gauges.
* Must be able to recognize relevant facts and report them accurately.
* Must understand all electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems used in Clark trucks and how they function.
* Must be able to troubleshoot these systems and accurately report in detail any malfunctions.
* Must have working knowledge of theory of operation and troubleshooting of transmissions, EPA fuel systems and A/C electric systems
* Must have the ability to maintain amicable customer relations under the most trying conditions.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the forklift and Material Handling Industry, with Forklift Serivice experience
* Strong/Proven analytical skills
* Strong computer skills including PowerPoint and Excel
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Proven, strong project management and organizational skills necessary
* Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on mulitiple projects and tasks at one time
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Indefinately
* Must be vaccinated for Covid-19