Toyota Material Handling Northern California (TMHNC) is a second generation family owned business that provides Dock-to-Dock Material Handling Solutions. Once you join the team, you'll feel like part of the family too! Check out our website www.tmhnc.com to meet our founder and executive team and read more about our history.
Our company mission is "To be a sustainable, adaptable and innovative equipment and service provider by always creating the best possible experience for our customers, suppliers and associates." To achieve this, we measure ourselves against how we live our values everyday: Communication, Transparency, Accountability, Training & Development and Follow-Through. You can also visit our instagram feed to see what @tmhnclife is all about.
At the direction of the Service Advisor, performs the diagnoses and repair of mechanical, electronic, gas/diesel and hydraulic material handling equipment while ensuring all repairs address the problem and not the symptom. Upon performance of customer repairs, the Technician is responsible for identifying additional items in need of repair including but not limited to safety and mechanical items. These additional repairs are to be clearly documented on the work order as well as communicated directly to the customer with the goal of gaining approval to go forward with them before he/she leaves the job site.
With the minimum goal of eight (8) hours, the Technician keeps track of his/her time throughout the day to ensure all is billed accordingly. The Technician is sure to communicate in advance to his/her Advisor any occasions where lost and/or overtime may be incurred. Throughout the day, the Technician checks in and out of each job with the Dispatcher and keeps them in the loop as to the progress of each.
* Test equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications
* Diagnose and repair of mechanical, electronic, gas/diesel and hydraulic systems
* Troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment including but not limited to Industrial Forklifts, Aerial equipment, industrial cleaning equipment and utility vehicles/ golf cars
* Ensures regular use of personal protective equipment in the performance of each job
* Performs machine diagnostics, machine inspections and lists and quotes needed repairs on to the work order
* Checks and reviews work order for clarity and detail prior to presenting to the customer for signature
* Order Parts from parts team for jobs as needed. Ensures explanation of needed parts are detailed, clear and include details including necessary measurements, material types, serial/part numbers, etc
* Returns warranty parts within 48hrs of warranty repair. Ensures parts are tagged and labeled for accurate identification
* Quotes parts to Customer if under $500.00
* Tracks parts inventory in service vehicle. Re-orders parts as needed to keep vehicle stocked at all times.
* Notifies customer to "Red Tag" equipment if it is not safe to use. Advises Customer of the safety issue(s) and entering it on the RO and have the customer sign the RO as acknowledgement that they are aware of safety issue(s). Notify Dispatch and Supervisor of the issue
* Keeps van inside and outside clean, neat and serviceable at all times. Be proactive on maintenance item including cracked windshields, worn tires, brakes, etc
* Technicians are expected to keep themselves updated on current Toyota product(s) via THMU On-line training and any other information/materials provided
* Attends all regularly scheduled service and safety meetings
* Drives in accordance with established DMV and TMH driving rules and regulations and is a courteous driver
* Follows environmental and safety regulations, report any potential hazards that may cause injury your supervisor immediately
* Follows written policies and procedures in the TMHNC IIPP Program
* Willing to accept other duties, responsibilities and/or special projects as directed by management
Requirements / Skills
* 7 years of experience as a Forklift Mechanic/Technician
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
* Ability to drive a motor vehicle and other industrial equipment is necessary to travel to customer site(s) and test equipment
* Requires excellent judgment, organizational and analytical skills
* Ability to work under pressure, handle changing priorities, take general directions and to be self-directed with good business judgments
* Basic knowledge of computer and ability to keyboard/type information into database
* Forklift Certified
* Clear Drug screen and DMV report
* ASE certifications
* Master Certified Technician
* Technical school certificate of completion