CLARK Material Handling Company, a global leader in the Material Handling Industry is seeking a qualified Dealer Development Manager to work in their Lexington, KY Location. To be considered, you must apply on our website at www.clarkmhc.com
This position is responsible to develop, enhance and monitor CLARK's North American distribution network in the areas of succession planning, dealer expansions, dealer to dealer acquisitions and best practice (financial/selling/general business).
Work in partnership with sales team to improve current CLARK dealer performance with respect to marketing plans, compliance with CLARK contractual obligations, and the promotion of CLARK products and services.
Develop and maintain a strategy for improving the CLARK distribution network thru mergers, new dealer appointments and growing APR for approved existing dealers.
* Responsible to conduct market research and analysis on the CLARK dealer network to support the overall company objectives
* Responsible for coordinating and participating in new dealer startups and training
* Establish effective lines of communications between dealers and CLARK Headquarters in North America
* Direct involvement in Company presentations, including preparation and presentation of said material to Dealers
* Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of trends of distribution strategies within the material handling industry and regularly reporting to the senior management team of CLARK
* Manage and build the relationship with dealers to ensure CLARK's expectations are being met and exceeded
* Understand all company products, business, marketing plans, and services
* Help develop business strategies to achieve financial goals and successfully manage these plans, adjusting the plan as the market dictates.
* Negotiate under the direction of Management, new dealer issues including territory, performance objectives, contract lengths, terms and conditions, initial stock orders, etc.
* Coordinate with senior CLARK management select decisions regarding the CLARK distribution strategy
* Develop and maintain a profile of dealer performance measurements or standards to ensure the long-term health of the CLARK distribution network
* Develop a profile of the CLARK dealer network
* This position would be a key participant in various company events, trainings, meetings, and trade shows.
* Evaluate and report back to senior management various business segment opportunities
* In association with Regional Sales Managers and CLARK Management, Identify and work with underperforming dealers in effort to improve their performance to acceptable levels
* Perform other duties as necessary and appropriate to meet goals and objectives
Requirements / Skills
* 7-10 years of experience in the forklift, material handling, or industrial equipment industry is required.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or specifically related education
* Available to travel to potential dealer candidates throughout Canada and the US.
* Computer proficiency in Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel
* Excellent communication skills- Written, verbal & presentation
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
* Experience developing dealership relations and having worked effectively across all functions of the dealerships
* Experience in selling decisions and strategies based on strategic marketing principles to senior level audiences.
* Individual who demonstrates outstanding leadership skills and thinks through issues using strong business acumen
* Ability to conduct research to present data to CLARK Management to identify trends, deficits, identifying areas of strength, weakness, and opportunity, for the distribution of CLARK Product.
* High standards and sense of integrity, one who makes and keeps commitments
* Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, outstanding project and time management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively.
* Must be able to travel internationally if needed
* Must be authorized to work without sponsorship indefinitely in the U.S.
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business. CLARK Material Handling Company retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of the position at any time.