Discussion:
Warehouse material handling

What type of equipment can be used to handle products and raw material in warehouses.Please reply as I have to prepare a report on that.
  • Posted 24 Jan 2014 15:40
  • Discussion started by lea_s
  • New South Wales, Australia
Showing items 31 - 35 of 35 results.
Is Pallet truck is good tool for material handling?
  • Posted 10 Feb 2014 15:56
  • Reply by lea_s
  • New South Wales, Australia
Thanks swoop223 for supporting my advice regarding warehouse material handling. I have earned a lot of experiences and we practice that in our own storage units in Centennial.
  • Posted 10 Feb 2014 11:30
  • Reply by cuttingedge
  • Colorado, United States
i think with material handling being such a broad spectrum business knowing what products being handled would be a great start in knowing what equipment would be needed before answering this question as lifter said.

But as cuttingedge said, you would need the right machine to move the goods, also you would need the correct type of storage media such as racking to organize the material. Depending on the types of material being handled you would have to decide if you want to use Manual or electric pallet jacks, Gas, LPG or Electric lift truck machines and there are such a broad range of machine types for moving material goods you would need to decide which machines would be needed according to what is being moved.

There are several other things to consider when setting up a warehouse as well such as lighting, operator training, office space, safety awareness, hazardous material areas, etc.

I'm sure there are other things to consider but this is just a basic description. I'm sure someone else more familiar with warehouse operations could chime in here and fill in the blanks.
  • Posted 3 Feb 2014 21:28
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
You should have loading docks to load and unload goods from trucks. Provided using cranes and forklifts for moving goods, which are usually placed on ISO standard pallets loaded into pallet racks. Hope I answer your question.
  • Posted 3 Feb 2014 16:50
  • Modified 10 Feb 2014 11:08 by poster
  • Reply by cuttingedge
  • Colorado, United States
What kind of products and what type of raw material????
  • Posted 24 Jan 2014 21:31
  • Reply by lifter01
  • West Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

The 9th Vietnam-Japan Supporting Industries Exhibition (SIE) & Vietnam Manufacturing Expo (VME) Digital Exhibition will be held online from 15-17 September, 2021.
In order to help prevent damage to pallets and goods, Meijer Handling Solutions has developed a sensor that displays the horizontal position of the load.

Latest Jobs

Anaheim, United States
Chicago, IL, United States
SAN ANTONIO, United States

Latest Jobs

Texas, Saint Helena
Do YOU need "The Backbone"? If you use stand up forklifts and reach trucks around racking, where there's the possibility of underride, the answer is "Yes".
XILIN's OPTS15 VNA man-up lateral reach trucks, independently developed by XILIN, were delivered overseas; breaking into the traditional material handling truck market.
In order to help prevent damage to pallets and goods, Meijer Handling Solutions has developed a sensor that displays the horizontal position of the load.
Recommended for all distribution, warehousing logistic, automotive, metal and other industrial operations, BOLZONI fork positioners are designed to provide a practical solution to a variety of handling operations and pallet sizes.

Latest Jobs

Texas, Saint Helena