Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
FIORA VS HUBTEX
we are about to buy a a multidirectional sideloader and have to decide between Fiora or Hubtex ,Technically look quiet similar. can someone give an advise or commet his experience......
  • Posted 11 Nov 2010 07:35 PM
Total replies: 12. Showing items 1 - 12 of 12 results.
Replies
Hi.
I have worked with Hubtex machines and they are very good indeed. As for [url removed] had to deal with them so cant comment. Point to note is that Hubtex maintenance call out is hit and miss.
They promise that an engineer will be there asap but failed to deliver on a few occassions and when they do turn up they usually say "you need a new part" and it will take 3 weeks.
My old contact "Malcolm" at Hubtex will be horrified to hear this but he knows its true!
  • Posted 14 Nov 2010 08:03 PM
Thanks corbytommy,

It sounds that Hubtex put more effort in the design/sales part of the business rather than in the afersales part of it. It is not a very good new being this machine quiet critical in our process. Hope at least it is reliable
  • Posted 15 Nov 2010 11:42 PM
  • sean_m
  • Antrim, United Kingdom
Hi mikel_i,

Have you considered Combilift? They also have a huge range of electric & engine powered multidirectional sideloaders. I hear they took over aisle-master VNA's recently as well.
  • Posted 18 Nov 2010 11:31 PM
Hola Mikel,
I work for HUBTEX. I think it makes no sense if I tell you how good we are. We have several longterm customers in your area. If you wish I could arrange different reference visits. During that ocassion you can ask them directly for their opinion. By the way I would like to inform you that with ULMA
Manutencion (located in Onati) we have a as strong partner
for the after sales. HUBTEX and ULMA started their cooperation in year 2000. ULMA is a realiable partner in the spanish forklift business.
In case of any further questions, please contact me.
Saludos desde Alemania.
  • Posted 19 Nov 2010 12:05 AM
Can't speak for either brand.
But some years ago a company I worked for a counterbalanced fork lift company that had an agreement to market the Lancer Boss line of sideloaders in the US. The biggest issue we had with customers, especially those that only bought one & it worked in narrow working aisles that counterbalanced units could not work in, and teh unit went down. This was a big problem if the truck was down as the dealer who sold it more than likely did not have a unit in the rental fleet & the customer did not have the budget to buy two. Sir Neville Bowman Shaw, Pres of Lancer Boss wanted us to convince us to sell each customer to buy two or buy spare parts eqivalent to 10 - 15% of the sale price of the unit.
As we developed a fleet of used side loaders we made it more attractive for dealers to add a unit in his rental fleet or the customers could afford to buy or lease a back-up unit. Then customers &/ or dealers soon became more comfortable.
Being over the pond the availability of spare parts for repairs were usually long due to transit time (unless you air freighted it - that still was 7 -10 days due to Customs clearance). Plus Lancer Boss was famous for changing key componets frequently - like transmissions, etc & not tell anyone about it.

"Have An Exceptional Day!"
  • Posted 19 Nov 2010 04:30 AM
i think you try combilift which is truelly value for money.
  • Posted 22 Nov 2010 01:35 AM
Sidetracker are the largest UK manufacturer of 4 way trucks, have a look at their website [url removed]
  • Posted 26 Nov 2010 12:46 AM
  • danny_k
  • Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
They are also the largest piles of 4 way **** available!!
They are like something made on scrap heap challenge from bits and pieces of old Cortinas and Skodas!!
Stick with Combilift or Hubtex.
  • Posted 26 Nov 2010 08:04 AM
  • tony_c
  • west yorkshire, United Kingdom
A bit harsh Danny!
  • Posted 3 Dec 2010 03:05 AM
  • danny_k
  • Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Harsh maybe but true.
  • Posted 3 Dec 2010 03:31 AM
I have found the Sidetrackers where I work to be strong and reliable, bit old fashioned I would agree, but no bother with them.
  • Posted 6 Dec 2010 09:32 PM
  • tina
  • Plovdiv, Bulgaria
You have an other choice- the bulgarian multidirectional forklift A-lift. [url removed]

brgds
  • Posted 4 Jun 2011 05:03 PM
Total replies: 12. Showing items 1 - 12 of 12 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads
Stronger brands with Forkliftaction

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x