Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Aldi/Lidl Maintenance Engineers
Hi Chap's.

Any in house Tech's here for Aldi or Lidl? What's it like? Any Jungheinrich courses? Do you manage to sort most issues or do you have to call in Jungheinrich?

Many Thanks.
  • Posted 1 Jul 2019 04:07 AM
Total replies: 10. Showing items 1 - 10 of 10 results.
Replies
  • lifter01
  • West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
All Aldi DC’s have Junghienrich laptops (yes the same ones the Junghienrich engineers use)with 6 monthly Judit updates, some training with Junghienrich but they seem to be moving away from Jungheirich anyway towards Crown and Toyota and yes they do supply factory training and the DC’s with the larger Toyota fleets have Toyota tablets. Lidl are just about completely Junghienrich and last time I asked don’t have the level of support from Junghienrich that Aldi do. As for calling in the manufacture to sort truck problems Aldi tend to when times are busy Lidl don’t have a choice as you can’t do anything without the laptop lol
  • Posted 3 Jul 2019 08:55 AM
  • • Modified 3 Jul 2019 08:56 AM by poster
Thanks for the informative reply. Do you know the recruitment process for either of them and the shift patterns?

Thanks.
  • Posted 3 Jul 2019 04:32 PM
  • lifter01
Not certain about Lidl but for Aldi look on the Aldi recruitment website the main midlands rdc is Tamworth but more are going up, shift patterns are usually 8 till 4 with some weekend work, don’t believe the 30 hour contract **** maintenance assistants are on 40 hours hourly paid maintenance engineers start around 35k upto around 43k after 3 years and on a 48hr contract and on salary. All the workshops are equipped with lifts etc and most supply all tools as well, they are good to work for as long as you get a decent maintenance manager
  • Posted 5 Jul 2019 07:40 AM
Thanks will take a look. Atherstone not a good location for me, would of preferred black country location but for that kind of money its worth commuting or even relocating.

What other equipment do you maintain other than Forklifts/MHE? Conveyors? Racking? Freezers?

Are the Forklifts mainly Electric?

Many Thanks.
  • Posted 5 Jul 2019 05:50 PM
One last thing. Is the night shift 4 nights?
  • Posted 5 Jul 2019 06:44 PM
  • lifter01
Forget the freezer repairs you won’t do that, racking is mainly braces and cross beams you get trained up for that, apart from Neston I don’t know another dc doing nights, truck wise apart from 3 or 4 yard trucks per rdc it’s all electric mainly crown llop, ppt’s reach and counter balance nothin too freaky apart from still fxs33 trucks lol your looking at between 250 and 400 trucks per rdc plus store trucks they ship back for repair
  • Posted 6 Jul 2019 05:51 AM
Found out Lidl only recruit internally for maintenance engineers and don't advertise so god knows how you'd ever get in unless you took a part store job on?

They must be training people internally as can't see many forklift techs starting off in the stores.
  • Posted 8 Jul 2019 08:14 PM
probably paying buttons too
  • Posted 9 Jul 2019 02:01 AM
Lifter 01 I forgot to ask. Can you tell us the general application process? So is there any role plays? Group tests? Apptitude Tests? What is the typical process for an engineer application?

Many Thanks.
  • Posted 10 Jul 2019 07:47 AM
  • lifter01
Sorry didn’t see your reply mate. It’s changed a little now but first place to go is the Aldi recruitment website and start your application there then it will be interviews with the maintenance manager and the logistics director. I’m not certain about aptitude tests section leaders take them and maintenance engineer is on the same level as a section leader but none of the maintenance engineers I know took them. It is very hit and miss with positions coming up as they tend to go quickly the easiest way to get in is applying when a new Rdc is being built. As for Lidl I do know an ex Lidl maintenance leader (similar position to an Aldi maintenance engineer) he had little good to say and is now working back on the tools as a service engineer
  • Posted 13 Jul 2019 04:06 AM
Total replies: 10. Showing items 1 - 10 of 10 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x