Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Linde R14 Serial No G1X113K01550, No Drive
  • kevtwad
  • Northumberland, United Kingdom
Hi everyone
Can anyone help with my no drive fault, I've got hydraulics. Checked seat, fwd/rev switch,handbrake switch,dead mans switch, brake switch, accelerator switch, fuses and drive motor. stumped now
Thanks
Kev
  • Posted 11 Nov 2014 08:07 AM
Total replies: 12. Showing items 1 - 12 of 12 results.
Replies
  • NER045
  • North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Hi keypad,

It's a long time since I worked on an R14 but I have come across a similar fault on one of these before, first check the battery connector,
The main connector should comprise of two male poles that's the truck half and two female poles battery half, check the mail poles for excessive wear, what can happen is that is excessive wear is on poles then the truck running over bumpy ground or hole in warehouse floor can shake the connector sufficiently to spike the power unit and blow it. Then there's the logic unit it has a set of contacts in it that can spring open if truck is bumped. I think you can remove six small pan head screw and remove logic board from the container and reset contact carefully by hand, this may get your truck going. I hope I'm talking about the right series truck as I don't have any written info on it. I hope this info is usefull.

Regards Nero
  • Posted 11 Nov 2014 08:43 AM
what is de jeer of built of truck?
  • Posted 12 Nov 2014 03:22 AM
  • kevtwad
Hi Michel
Year is 1999
Thanks
  • Posted 12 Nov 2014 07:26 AM
you the possibility to display the error code reading???
  • Posted 12 Nov 2014 08:38 AM
  • kevtwad
no error code to old for that
  • Posted 12 Nov 2014 09:14 AM
  • kevtwad
no error code to old for that
  • Posted 12 Nov 2014 09:15 AM
What controller does it use the black logic card that sits on top of an aluminium base with drive contactors? If it's that one does the drive contactors energise? If not try disconnect the 6 pin plug off the aluminium base unit and if then the drive contact energises but still no drive its a faulty base unit.

If its the older aluminum boxes with white igbt modules below it check the igbts. You can compare the readings with the hydraulic igbts. If you find one to be faulty you should be able to take it out of circuit just to see if it drives.

On the other hand if it's the large aluminium power module then it uses shunt wound drive motor and if your motor checks out not open circuit good chance its the module. However I think they used this on the 2000 plus models not too sure.

I'm guessing you have checked throttle voltage and variation when using the accelerator.

enquiries@elektrodrive.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elektrodrive/135894223166624

• Posted 12 Nov 2014 10:35 AM
Just remembered we had one with the igbt units that would not drive but hydraulics worked fine. Yet it was an earth fault on the hydraulic motor that prevented it from driving. That was a weird one

enquiries@elektrodrive.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elektrodrive/135894223166624

• Posted 12 Nov 2014 10:48 AM
  • NER045
  • North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Yes I think elektrodrive is on the right track here although I don't know what Igbt unit is I think he is referring to the power unit is but It sounds like the same unit I worked on, these unit secured to the base plate with every other unit on top of them. When you get to them and remove them you will find them heavy for there size. The truck I worked on had four power units fit to it, one fit by a Lansing engineer
Which blew with in half hour of him leaving site. I think it will come down to the power unit or logic unit in the black box.

Regards Nero
  • Posted 12 Nov 2014 09:23 PM
  • • Modified 12 Nov 2014 09:25 PM by poster
I think if the black box is in it he is also from readable to read from foud code
  • Posted 13 Nov 2014 04:13 AM
  • kevtwad
Thanks everybody turns out it was a wiring fault found by a Linde engineer even though I hate to admit it.
Kev
  • Posted 13 Nov 2014 08:48 AM
you can not know everything
good luck
  • Posted 14 Nov 2014 05:21 AM
Total replies: 12. Showing items 1 - 12 of 12 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x