Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Clark GPM20
Hi All
Can anyone help me with a service manual for this truck its a Clark GPM20 serial number M2650784 GEF7462
and can you tell me if the timing belt snapped, what if any damage to the valves would it do ?
ie bent
Thank you in advance

A good engineer is a helpful engineer
  • Posted 15 Nov 2012 03:49 AM
Total replies: 8. Showing items 1 - 8 of 8 results.
Replies
Its possible the valve damage
I send info But its possible its standing on disk

John.

Email harlekein@hotmaildotcom and djdotdj@kpnmaildotnl
  • Posted 7 Dec 2012 05:22 PM
But ithink there is mounted A chain not a Belt
John

• Posted 7 Dec 2012 05:25 PM
  • edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
this is a mitsu 4gxx motor in this truck, correct? usually if the timing belt breaks in the mitsu motor, you will just need to replace the belts, it is rare that it does other damage, but the valves are a possibility, and I think this one has 2 belts. (usually the belt does not break so much as looses a few teeth and slips out of time)

"it's not rocket surgery"
  • Posted 7 Dec 2012 09:08 PM
  • danny_k
  • Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Hi Powerlifter,
Ed is correct there are 2 belts one which is the timing/cam belt (Clark p/.no- 920294) and the other is for the balance shafts (Clark p/no- 918712) dead easy to do, done loads of them and never had one do valve damage.
  • Posted 7 Dec 2012 11:28 PM
Thanks Lads for your help after checking i found Edward to be correct there was no damage to the valves and the job was very easy to do. The hardest part was finding the timing marks working within a confind place..

Once again Cheers lads
  • Posted 8 Dec 2012 01:39 AM
Its not correct
Gpm have no 2 belts of that serial number
The new one for the cgp have the old one have chain
Ore they put the new type in the Gpm
And the new one with balance look out you must have on the side 9Right side tha out screw put in 6mm stick to lock balance and then the mark of oil pomp set.
Other wise the motor wil shake

John.

• Posted 8 Dec 2012 04:51 AM
johngen is correct. Clark uses(d) the 4G64 engine that was made in Korea under a license agreement. This engine required a crankshaft balancing system (lancaster type) to minimize vibrating when matched up to the Clark trans axle. The engines 4G63 & 4G64 used in Mitsubishi/Cat lifts were made at Mitsubishi Motors in Japan and matched to a trans axle made by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (these engines did have a low speed (near idle speed) vibration issue for a period of time (in the mid 90's). It was still there in April,1996 (my last day to work for MCFA) as far as I can recall.
  • Posted 9 Dec 2012 08:51 AM
I found this useful service info on Mitsubishi motors

http://www(dot)austarion(dot)com/tech/[url removed]
  • Posted 16 Mar 2013 10:19 PM
Total replies: 8. Showing items 1 - 8 of 8 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x