Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x
Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Industry News & Whispers
Discussion:  Can any one tell me about Maximal Forklift Trucks?
Number of messages: 23
Page: [1] 2
START MESSAGE:
uplift
lincoln, United Kingdom
Can any one tell me about Maximal Forklift Trucks?

what problems have people been experiencing if any?

-------------------------
upliftuk@gmail*com (*=.)

Posted 7 Oct 2009 04:25 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
sean_d
uk, United Kingdom
Obviously not! Not many of them about by the looks of it.You have your answer! :-0

Modified 9 Oct 2009 03:05 AM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
TimJ
Florida, United States
I would guess Maximal is like every other Chinese made lift truck.....All using the Nissan motor & pretty much the same parts/components except you get a different colour of paint.

As a  long time used truck wholesaler my advice would be to factor in the future value as well.

36months from now you will not get anywhere near the same value on a used Maximal as you would on a “Name Brand” forklift.

Posted 9 Oct 2009 11:33 PM Reply  Report this message
mario_s
Porto, Portugal
The main problem is the used value of this machine. You can not sell it like the Toyota, Cat or others. But the truth is that the initial cost is not the same either. You have to take this in attention when proposing to get one.

On the matter of quality, almost nothing to say against. We have been importing maximal for nearly one year. Almost no problem. Good finishing, good quality, reasonable prices.....

Recomended.

Posted 12 Oct 2009 11:48 PM Reply  Report this message
John_Lambert
Victoria, Australia

I was asked to review the Maximal units around 12 months ago fpr a company thinking of inmporting them.
At that time they seemed to be built of compnents from reputable suppliers including Cascade.
Only problems were decals that did not assist with communication (eg tyre pressue in MPa), Poor quality decals (already pealing off), a forklift manual that was deficient re safety (but then most are) and forks that were rated at only 50% of rated load - eg 1250 kg for a 2500 kg forklift. Most rputable barnds have forks rated 20% of more higher.

Better to strive and experience all life’s colours from pain to ecstasy than to exist in a grey life

Posted 13 Oct 2009 06:51 AM Reply  Report this message
manuel_s
Portugal
Who sell it in Portugal?

Posted 15 Oct 2009 08:19 PM Reply  Report this message
mario_s
Porto, Portugal
us.

00351 969433656

Posted 15 Oct 2009 08:26 PM Reply  Report this message
barry_s
Zhejiang, China

thanks for your interested in Maximal forklift, we have some good dealers in Europe, such as www dot maxholland dot eu , you could know Maximal forklift perfomance from them.

Recently we show some new machines on Cemat Shangha, Omni-direction forklift, narrow reach truck, 16 ton machines, if you need the information, please let me know.

www.maxforklift.com
info@maxforklift.com

Modified 27 Nov 2017 10:25 PM
by administrator.
icestationzebra
Wisconsin, United States

"forks that were rated at only 50% of rated load - eg 1250 kg for a 2500 kg forklift. Most reputable brarnds have forks rated 20% of more higher."

Firstly - forks are proof tested to 3x the rated load.
Secondly - for a given thickness the capacity of each fork increases 500-1000 lbs for each additional inch of width, so you can only get so close to the actual rating.
Third - the "standard" fork is overrated when you have to derate for attachments like fork-shifters, etc.

ISZ

Modified 18 Nov 2009 01:27 AM
by poster.
John_Lambert
Victoria, Australia

Forks on forklifts up to 10000 kg capacity are tested to 3 times - larger forklift test loads may be only tested to 2.5 times (capacity of 16200 kg or greater).
If a forklift bounces and the load bounces on the forks the maximum load on the forks can approach twice the actual load.
And if a pallet load is carried 200 off centre the more heavily loaded fork will be carrying 35% more weight than with the load centred.
And have the pallet located so its 100 mm away from the forkface and the load is increased by 17%.
Combining these would mean the more heavily loaded fork was loaded to3 times its rated load.
Fit forks with a rating 20% higher and the load above reduces to 2.5 tomes the rated load.
And that is why other suppliers would be prudent to supply forks with a higher rating.
And then of course there is the maintaneance crew who decide to use one fork to lift a motor or piece of equipment, and they attach a chain towards the tip of the fork because the forklift cannot get right into the item being lifted.

Better to strive and experience all life’s colours from pain to ecstasy than to exist in a grey life

Posted 18 Nov 2009 11:32 AM Reply  Report this message
icestationzebra
Wisconsin, United States

Good point on the acceleration factor. I agree with what you say, but I would expect that real life testing wouldn't show quite the same increase in fork loading you have calculated. By moving the load forward and to the side you are increasing the load on one front tire and decreasing on the other. You are also decreasing the load carried by the rear axle. The increased load on the front tire will cause it to deflect more on impact, decreasing your 2g impact load to maybe 1.8-1.9. You should also see a slight increase in the pitching forward and to the side. (I have never testing this scenario, and obviously it it would depend on the truck size and tires.)

"And then of course there is the maintaneance crew who decide to use one fork to lift a motor or piece of equipment, and they attach a chain towards the tip of the fork because the forklift cannot get right into the item being lifted"
Totally agree that higher capacity forks help guard against damage from abuse, though we both know they will just lift something heavier next time. ;)

As you wrote, within reason higher capacity forks are better. I just didn't want people to get the impression that a set of forks rated at 100% capacity are inadequate. There are many situations were forklifts either repetitively lift nice uniform loads or don't see very many 2G impacts.

ISZ

Posted 20 Nov 2009 06:54 AM Reply  Report this message
uplift
lincoln, United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies guy's.  i had a job offer working for a maximal dealer and wanted to know abit about them.   tar

upliftuk@gmail*com (*=.)

Posted 24 Nov 2009 09:11 PM Reply  Report this message
servicenobby
Southampton, United Kingdom

Hi does anyone know who is the UK dealer for MAXIMAL

Posted 14 Sep 2017 07:48 PM Reply  Report this message
deadpan
...., Austria
They'll sell them direct to any dealer, as far as I know, there is no distributor.

Posted 14 Sep 2017 08:03 PM Reply  Report this message
heightlift
North, United Kingdom
Coopers are Maximal dealer in UK

Posted 14 Sep 2017 08:55 PM Reply  Report this message
jack_y
Zhejiang, China

Cooper Materials Handling is no longer our dealer in UK, we are open to look for new dealers there, if you have interested in it, please feel free to contact jack at maxforklift dot com

Modified 27 Nov 2017 10:26 PM
by administrator.
partsman1
Pennsylvania, United States
jack y
Where do we get parts in USA?
Tried emailing Maximal but no response.

Posted 29 Dec 2017 06:06 AM Reply  Report this message
Yotamaster
Alberta, Canada
Parts are rarely available, if at all.
Countless people are feeling the pain of poor quality long after the joy of low pricing has disappeared. We had to custom build a rad after 600 hours since no replacement was available. ($2200)

Posted 5 Jan 2018 02:07 AM Reply  Report this message
partsman1
Pennsylvania, United States
I did end up finding two places. One in OH and one in AK.
Place in OH had the parts in stock.

Posted 9 Jan 2018 01:31 AM Reply  Report this message
jack_y
Zhejiang, China

Dear sir, you can contact our spare parts dept via our company website, and also you can contact our dealer in US. The two places you said are right. And we will have a dealer in NJ, which will be close to you.

Posted 15 Jan 2018 06:46 PM Reply  Report this message
Page: [1] 2

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia