Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x
Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Mechanical Troubleshooting
Brand: Toyota - Model: 5FB15
Number of messages: 3

START MESSAGE:
james_m
Irl, Ireland
As a new member Iwould like thank all the technicians that take the time to help other fello tech,s out. I need  help in a bad way, this truck serial no 5fb18 14115 had  no sterring found controller damaged also small circuit board under battery damaged.  installed new controller  had circuit board repaired  checked all other components ie motor contactor .chocke coil etc , switched on sterring operated ok untel it reached end stop then smoke came from circuit board under batt , I think the controller may still be ok looks ok and no burned smell  local dealer has no info on this truck says it,s a japanese domestic truck Does any one know what the purpose of this circuit board which has a relay and some resistors , I think it may be a current limit / If i had the value of resistors Imight be able to repair it  Does anyone have any exp on this system THANKS    james m.

Posted 7 Sep 2005 06:59 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
maria_e
New South Wales, Australia
The board with a relay and some large resistors is a anti-kick back circuit.  When the key switch is turned off, some early models gave a small kick to the steering column.  Fitting of the kick back board stopped this fault occurring.  Later 5FB models had the circuitry incorporated into the EPS controller.

Posted 12 Sep 2005 11:27 AM Reply  Report this message
james_m
Irl, Ireland
Maria  Thanks for that info on the circuit board for the 5fb; have you any idea what caused the resistors to burn up at full lock and any idea of the value of the resistors.Also how many large resistors should be on the board because there is a marked space for a resistor which is missing  hoping for more info   thanks James M.

Posted 13 Sep 2005 09:41 AM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia