Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x
Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Industry News & Whispers
Discussion:  Market slow down
Number of messages: 35
Page: [1] 2
START MESSAGE:
exalt
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
As the market for materials handling equipment slows down to a trickle will we now see more consolidation with forklift OEM’s

The materials handling market is now set to slow down by quite a significant figure and many markets including China will see fall of up to 50% on new equipment. Will this slow down see more and more manufactures either looking to sell their materials handling manufacturing business, or will we see companies Like Toyota looking to pick up more brands on the cheap to improve their product offering

Posted 17 Nov 2018 09:07 PM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
This  article from Modern Material Handling seems to counter your forecast  of doom & gloom for the future.  Maybe you need a new crystal ball or your crystal ball is looking beyond 2021.  

add www to the link below and replace (dot) with  a .

(dot)mmh (dot)com/article/global_forklift_market_to_grow_by_nearly_7_through_2021

Have you informed your  new $ investors for your zero emission forklift of your forecast that their ROI might not happen so fast.

Modified 17 Nov 2018 11:02 PM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
exalt
well johnrj, sorry to tell you that our forecast is right and the market will drop dramatically, Our Investors agree with us on this one and they don't see any market recovery till 2022 / 2023

They are not in our investment for the short term and they are happy with our predicted ROI for after 2023  

we are now at the end of nine years of growth and a dramatic fall is going to happen quite quickly starting in 2019 and going into 2020 / 2021

what will drive the recovery in 2022 will be new regulations on new equipment.

If you look at the car market you will see a massive decline in diesel car sales in the UK in the last three months

Modified 18 Nov 2018 01:37 AM
by poster.
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
While diesel auto sales have declined petrol cars now represent 61.8% (11% increase) of the UK auto market.  Forecasts for diesel auto sales in the UK is projected to be 5% of the total  sales by 2030.  Petrol, hybrid & other alternative fuel cars are taking up taking up the slack of the demise in the diesel auto  car - petrol auto sales have increased, hybrids have  also increased.
Many  years ago in the US diesel engine  were common to see in 2.5 ton to 4 ton pneumatic tire and press on solid tire forklifts.  Not so much any more.
In the late 1970's diesel cars were popular in the US - but they died the death of a ragged doll, except for pick up (work)trucks.  Many pick-ups in the US are driven for pleasure or just to be cool vs  pleasure driving pick-ups and have gasoline(aka petrol) fuel engines

Here is an interesting article and the whys & wherefores of the diesel dilemma in the UK
www(dot)bbc(dot)com/news/business-43655703

Modified 18 Nov 2018 11:47 AM
by poster.
exalt
What our research has shown us is there is going to be a slow down on all truck till at least 2021 before picking back up again in 2022.

This slow down will be bigger than the last slow down and will affect diesel trucks the most as customers will be unsure of future legalisation

Its has also indicated that by 2024 / 2024 diesel powered forklifts will account for less than 25% of the whole market, this will also include big trucks as well.

Posted 18 Nov 2018 06:24 PM Reply  Report this message
heightlift
North, United Kingdom
Exalt how can you say your forecast is correct, it is a forecast basically a prediction, maybe in 6 years you could come back and say it was correct but up to now it is just a forecast.

Posted 19 Nov 2018 07:38 AM Reply  Report this message
exalt
OK i'll say i believe our forecast will be correct,

Like you say only time will tell and yes it is a forecast,a forecast that i believe will be shown to be correct

But i 100% believe that Diesel powered trucks will account for less than 25% of total market sales by 2024 even in big trucks and mobile container handling  

Modified 19 Nov 2018 08:37 AM
by poster.
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
Must  have one of those "genies in the lamp" working for him/her.

Posted 19 Nov 2018 01:34 PM Reply  Report this message
triumphrider
Texas, United States
When I get my transporter beam perfected, there will bee no need for forklifts

Posted 19 Nov 2018 10:03 PM Reply  Report this message
swoop223
North Carolina, United States

this is more like a prediction not a forecast.
liftruck market is always in flux and goes up and down all the time.
at least in the US it does, can't speak for the EU though.
But with the ecomony booming in the US i can't see the market slowing down anytime soon.
Every year it slows down about this time of year anyway due to holidays etc and year end business cycles winding down, businesses always slow down a bit at the end of the year because funds allocations run out for current year budgets and as they prep for future budgets most management curb spending so they can get their annual bonus's etc ;o)

Based on his predictions is he calculating this using fuel market changes? Is he trying to combine his new energy miracle machine into this equation and starting up another angle to this here as well?
Only time will tell, we still need to see this miracle machine and it's market changing tech first don't we?

Not going to hold my breath on this one ;o)

-------------------------
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Posted 19 Nov 2018 11:53 PM Reply  Report this message
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
@swoop223
Sometimes Nov. & Dec. can see a mini boom at the end of the year due to Federal Government investment tax credit for capital equipment purchases.  President G W Bush did during his term in office and President Trump did for the year 2018.  As a sale person during those period you could  make some nice end of year commissions as the customer bought from the party that could deliver new equipment  by 12.31 - price was a secondary issue.  Some dealers don't  like to have  unsold inventory at the end of the year - you snooze you loose.

Posted 20 Nov 2018 06:13 AM Reply  Report this message
triumphrider
Texas, United States
During most up cycles sales of new equipment keeps most dealers going strong installing new equipment and doing warranty repairs / service. During most down turns instead of replacing equipment more is spent keeping equipment going instead of replacement. Most end users know this from experience . They will spend more on things that would not be repaired but replaced in an up turn. Smart management budget  spend as much unspent budget funds as possible to prevent funding cuts in the new year.  Upper management looks at it like this , if you did not need it last year you do not need it this year.  I know I had it happen to me before

Posted 20 Nov 2018 10:33 PM Reply  Report this message
meyers
Alabama, United States
Most definitely slow this season

Posted 21 Nov 2018 12:23 AM Reply  Report this message
ChrisK
Kansas, United States
Will this be like the Superlift and you will just keep talking about it for years hoping someday it will come true?

Posted 30 Nov 2018 00:10 AM Reply  Report this message
exalt
Well the best things are worth the wait, but this post is about do people think there is a market slow down and will this result in consolidation in forklift OEM's

Posted 1 Dec 2018 07:09 AM Reply  Report this message
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
exhalt - in reply to your inquiry  I offer these responses Yes, Possibly or Maybe - everyone is for sale at the right price.  Speculation on what will  or might happen produces  rumors.  Best not to  speculate - it can  get one in trouble.  In other words - Speculation =  "That dog don't hunt".  Worked for Mitsubishi (MCFA & MDI -a  Mitsubishi Corporation company - a trading company - that introduced the Mitsubishe F/L line to the US and Mexico markets  in the States.  The President of MDI(from Japan) frequently reminded us  a  good business policy that went something like this. "Rumors are rumors, facts are facts, deal with the facts, never a rumor."
Rumors are only allowed in the newspapers, politics,  Hollywood and at gatherings at the company water fountain.

Modified 1 Dec 2018 10:54 PM
by poster.
triumphrider
Texas, United States
Totally agree with you John

Posted 3 Dec 2018 09:57 PM Reply  Report this message
exalt
Having seen the new Heli G3 series forklift could this be a  challenger to the Korean OEM's  Hyundai, Doosan and Clark might we see some consolidation with Korean OEM's, and might this see komatsu joining the MCFA TCM Nissan organisation

Posted 6 Dec 2018 06:46 AM Reply  Report this message
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
might or mite (both  pronounced the same way) = a very, very small insect

Posted 6 Dec 2018 08:25 AM Reply  Report this message
jamesh
Dublin, Ireland

Just two comments to make.
In relation to the diesel market. We have the next tier engine due and rumours are that they will be much more expensive  so customers have a choice. Do nothing and keep their old forklift or change to a cleaner version which is either diesel or gas. this might be a culture shock to some customers.

I don’t think Mitsubishi will take on another brand. They still have not figured out what to do with the Uni Carriers  since they took them over.

Posted 6 Dec 2018 08:41 PM Reply  Report this message
Page: [1] 2

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia