Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x
Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Technical arena
Discussion:  Fork Tynes
Number of messages: 3

START MESSAGE:
tom_w
Virginia, United States
Using the shank of the fork as a standard,  ANSI & OSHA both say if a fork heel is worn as much as 10% it must be removed from service.   Fork mfg's offer a go/no-go gauge to make the measurement easy.  However, please be aware that some new forks have difficulty passing this test due to the blade design.

Posted 1 Sep 2005 10:41 PM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
DANGEROUS
Queensland, Australia
Hi Guys
What has been said here previously is correct, However there is some more to the story!
The thickness of the tyne should be monitored for wear in excess of 10%, The tynes wear out with use but mostly this occures because of laziness & carelessness .Many Forklift Mechanics leave the carriage height adjustment Too low alowing the heel of the forks to rub on the ground and this is the major factor in fork tyne wear, By simply adjusting the lifting chains as they stretch the tynes can be maintained to have 20mm ground clearance thereby preventing 75% of the wear on the forks.
The Tyne wear is not the whole problem though, The Carriage Rack also wears at a fast rate & should be monitored for wear.
This wear  is not so obvious and is harder to monitor, The things to look for here is (A) the free travel of the forks vertically in relation to the carriage .
(B) The gap which developes between the back of the tyne & the face of the carriage when the tynes are loaded.
My friends at "Cascade Corp. Aust." have developed the tools for measuring wear .I have huge respect for their ability and knowlege in this area.
I have no association with Cascade whatsoever save that is where I run to when I need professional advice on attachments,
I suggest you look for the warning signs then call in your "Professional" if there is any doubt.
Undetected wear & abuse can cause a disaster, this is why propper training for the opperator  and daily recorded  inspections are a must.

-------------------------
"OUR BUSINESS IS SAFETY"

Posted 2 Sep 2005 05:27 AM Reply  Report this message
leobert_b
Makati, Philippines
Did you mention that yourt tire is solid or pneumatic? Normally if its a solid tire you have a triangle on the side. If the wear reaches the tip of the triangle, it is now time to recap it or if you want replace it but if it reaches the base of the triangle it is now the time to replace it, it cannot be recapped anymore. Ihope i have helped you a bit

-------------------------
Never Say Die! in every sale, life is at stake

Posted 2 Sep 2005 11:20 AM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia