Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x
Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Business management
Discussion:  When is enough enough......
Number of messages: 9

START MESSAGE:
tyler_d
California, United States
The dealer I currently work at for the last two years has had a mass exodus of employees. Not just new employees but experienced over 20 year employees that have left for the competition. People leave for various reason from bosses to not enough pay but to loose over 50% of the employees its obviously a management problem. At what point do you guys think a major manufacture would sell a loosing nonprofitable dealership and move on?

Modified 11 Oct 2018 04:58 AM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
BREWSKI
Nebraska, United States
A lot depends on the type of dealership. If it is factory owned, they can go as long as they like. If it is a franchise it depends on the agreement. The dealers I have worked for have been franchises. If the dealer falls below a given threshold, the risk loosing the franchise.

Posted 11 Oct 2018 11:53 PM Reply  Report this message
triumphrider
Texas, United States
Will try to keep this uncomplicated. Bad management is the biggest reason for a large turnover. If it is a factory dealer its just best to leave. They will have a group of *** a--es that seem to run everything . A real good trouble shooter, tech does not have to put up with the BS. Your lead techs spend more time covering them selves and taking credit for everything . What color is the paint on the equipment?

Posted 17 Oct 2018 01:11 AM Reply  Report this message
beatrice_p
Maine, United States
Bad management yes. work culture, and compensation packages.

Posted 20 Oct 2018 12:38 AM Reply  Report this message
beatrice_p
Maine, United States
at the point of a loss. breakevens are okay, but nobody wants to go backward.

Posted 20 Oct 2018 12:39 AM Reply  Report this message
fmrwarr
California, United States
Does this dealer also have locations in neighboring states? If so, one line of trucks was already lost and if sales quotas are not met by the remaining, then other brands will pull. Sales quotas must be calculated as sales, parts, and even warranty return numbers. It might be time to bail to a more stable company unless you see progress for a sustainable goal to turn management around.

Posted 20 Oct 2018 11:47 PM Reply  Report this message
EasiTek
Ontario, Canada

It's amazing how a huge company can turn nasty on employees that are their bread and butter. When a company gets big, there are big egos in management that grow and have aspirations to be president of the company. They form a tight group that forgets why they have techs to do the dirty jobs. It gets so bad they call you in half way through a job at customer, to insinuate an email you sent to dispatch made the  manager look bad, when you actually praised him. Management always sticks together, especially when wrong. There is in fighting between territories among managers to show who is top dawg.  At meetings they bash head office, then tell us to ignore orders from president. It becomes a party for management, and those dirty techs are not welcome. I often wondered why the Japanese owners did not step in. Nobody in the world has higher work standards and work ethic than the Japanese people. My former employer was so polar opposite!
Thank god I work for a small family owned company, they treat like like royalty, and you see eye to eye with the owners.

Posted 6 Nov 2018 11:51 PM Reply  Report this message
triumphrider
Texas, United States
Amen to that brother.

Posted 7 Nov 2018 10:33 PM Reply  Report this message
Canada
Ontario, Canada
Sad but true another Amen

Posted 10 Nov 2018 05:07 AM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia