Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x
Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Industry News & Whispers
Discussion:  Tariff
Number of messages: 9

START MESSAGE:
DeadandBloated
Georgia, United States
I have heard a lot of rumors going around about the effects of new US tariffs that went into effect Friday July 6.  25% on complete lifts coming in from China to US.  As well as parts.  

Anyone have info on how hard that hit Clark?  

Posted 10 Jul 2018 10:23 PM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
Yidneck
N.Y.,

Donno if true. But heard that crowns WP and pth50 are also China imports....

Posted 11 Jul 2018 08:33 AM Reply  Report this message
swoop223
North Carolina, United States

best remedy for this, bring mfg back home! ;o)

-------------------------
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Posted 24 Jul 2018 03:07 AM Reply  Report this message
Yotamaster
Alberta, Canada
The 25% tariff is too low. The Sales Manager for Liu Gong USA was quoted on saying in an earlier Forkliftaction article that the ITA was vigorously fighting to have this tariff rolled back.
The Chinese manufacturers are not members and do not report sales.
How dare they try to hang on the coat tails of the paid members to help keep their competitive advantage. Make the tariff 50% or more I say.

Posted 10 Aug 2018 01:53 AM Reply  Report this message
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
As I recall none of the  Japanese lift companies selling in North America were members of the ITA  until about 1983 and at that time Datsun (Nissan out of Mayfield, Ky) was the #1 importer and the ITA reported  sales was in the 100K area in all 5 classes - 140k unit sales was a record back.  Marketing studies I was involved in stated that Japanese products represented  about 30% of all the new equipment sales not counting the "grey market" imports.   Around 1985 Hyster claimed  an anti-dumping suit against the Japanese companies end result was an anti dumping duty was imposed from about 10% to 40% (% varied by manufacturer) on trucks up to 15.5 K capacity.  Shortly after that the Japanese companies opened "assembly" operations in the US.

Posted 10 Aug 2018 02:27 AM Reply  Report this message
FMar
Florida, United States
So, help me understand please.  Mitsu/cat, unicarrier,
doosan, toyota, clark, chinese importers i.e. heli, hangcha, maximal
Whoever I may have overlooked are subjected to tariff on complete lift trucks and components, parts at rate of [url/email removed]

-------------------------
FMar4lift

Posted 10 Aug 2018 04:35 AM Reply  Report this message
BREWSKI
Nebraska, United States
If the trucks are assembled in China they are charged tariff. Yale recently announced a price increase on Utilev products due to the tariff.

Posted 10 Aug 2018 05:24 AM Reply  Report this message
FMar
Florida, United States
So the same rules regarding US tariff policy in China holds true for lift trucks Assembled or parts manufactured in Japan, Germany South Korea,  Taiwan?or ?
Appreciate all replies.

Posted 10 Aug 2018 09:47 AM Reply  Report this message
BREWSKI
Nebraska, United States
Not sure about specific parts, but the assembled truck will be charged the tariff. By the numbers being broadcast I would think the parts are also subject to the tariff.

Posted 10 Aug 2018 10:15 PM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia