Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Virtual Coffee Shop: Industry Perspectives
Discussion:  Have a question
Number of messages: 4

START MESSAGE:
Evanhdc
Alaska, United States
Hi everyone,
II'm interested in this forum a lot. How can I get much knowledge as you guys? Hope to get more knowledge from you all!
Thanks.

Posted 7 Aug 2017 01:50 PM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
BREWSKI
Nebraska, United States
Most service people gain the most knowledge from hands on experience. What do you do for a living? Tech schools are a good starting point.

Posted 7 Aug 2017 10:22 PM Reply  Report this message
BurtKwok
West Yorks, United Kingdom
Have an electro / mechanical background for starters.
I wasn't a forklift apprentice, i actually trained as a domestic, commercial and industrial electrician and have an interest in building motorbike engines.

Got a job as workshop electrician at the local Cat dealer and got on product courses and other training course, i actually self taught myself air conditioning systems, before it all got legally controlled in the early 90's.

Having basics skills and understanding helps, but enthusiasm and commitment will take you further.
good luck.

Posted 11 Aug 2017 08:09 AM Reply  Report this message
triumphrider
Texas, United States
It would surprise you to find out how many techs in the lift truck industry have an aviation background. Either military or civilian tech schools teach a really good basic skill set needed for this industry. These days you really need to be a good at electrical troubleshooting on all equipment. When I started gas trucks were just basic engine, trans , lift pumps. Now they are complicated with just about every kind of interface with the ECM and vehicle controllers you c an think of.It is just a vain attempt to cover up the fact that a lot of operators cannot figure out how to drive this equipment without doing a lot of damage to it. When you idiot proof something , along comes a smarter idiot.

Posted 11 Aug 2017 08:53 PM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia