Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Safety, training & legislation
Discussion:  Safety measure drive in racking
Number of messages: 6

START MESSAGE:
hrzan_m
Ireland, Ireland
Hello, I have one question, recently there's been an accident in one of ours sister companies (pure neglect)  and our companies safety office,  made a prevention by altering Back rest frame making it wide as a pallet so that way they can prevent drivers to lift and lower the forks while inside drive in racking. I'm all for safety myself but, by altering that backload frame they made our life miserable, because now the frame is too wide and we have troubles when loading and moving around in small cramped areas, not to mention the damages on trucks, pallets, etc. Please can anybody shed some light on this situation if that alteration is ok according to safety measures etc. Thank you in advance.

Posted 11 Dec 2016 01:36 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
nelson_c
Michigan, United States

If you are meaning the driver gets off the forklift while in racking and raises or lowers the hydraulics while not on the seat, how about a seat switch and solenoids on the hydraulics? If the driver gets off the seat, the hydraulics wouldn't function. Then you could use the original sized load backrest.

-------------------------
The door to safety swings on the hinges of common sense

Posted 16 Dec 2016 00:02 AM Reply  Report this message
lifter01
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
If the machine has been altered from standard in anyway you need manufacturer approval. All MHE equipment sold in the EU has passed type approval before it is passed safe to supply to end users. Any change to the truck specification cannot be carried out without prior approval of the manufacturer

Posted 18 Dec 2016 07:27 AM Reply  Report this message
Hunter
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
If the machine has been altered from original in anyway you need the manufacturer's approval or the change has to be certified by an engineer. In short, your company's changes could cost a life or big dollars.

Modified 2 Feb 2017 11:27 PM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
tabbat
Kansas, United States
I have never understood why drive in racks that intrude into the operators area are permissible.  Operators have little space to operate as defined by the rear posts or raised backrest and allowing racks to intrude into that space makes no sense with respect to safety of the operator.
Clark ESM forklifts had reversible rear posts to allow for drive in racks but the operator has to lean away from the side of the machine to get into the racks.

Posted 1 Sep 2017 01:23 AM Reply  Report this message
suman_v
delhi, India
Well, safety is something you can never compromise with. The preventive measure should be always taken.

Posted 30 Oct 2017 03:30 PM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia