Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x
Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Mechanical Troubleshooting
Brand: Hyster - Model: H5.00DX
Number of messages: 6

START MESSAGE:
adam
South Australia, Australia
Hello John

Suggest you contact your local Hyster dealer. Good bloke he is!

Posted 9 Feb 2005 09:24 PM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
Parts
West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
An Oil analysis can give a lot info !  If oil consumption is excessive, mostly there is a reason why the engine is worn (dust, no  sufficient filtration,  ......).  
Look to the inside of intake manifold , if you can find dust who's scratching on your fingers, engine must be damaged !!

Posted 10 Feb 2005 10:55 PM Reply  Report this message
leobert_b
Makati, Philippines
I think that the low pressure and the excessive oil consumption is caused by worn out main bearing. To check have the oil analyzed. Your engine is due for general overhauling. You did not mentioned whether it is overheating or not.

-------------------------
Never Say Die! in every sale, life is at stake

Posted 11 Feb 2005 11:04 AM Reply  Report this message
rod_s
England, United Kingdom
All the advice so far is good.

If you use a regular grade and make of oil try calling the oil company representative, he may have experience of this problem directly and will almost certainly arrange for oil analysis - perhaps FOC. As an ex-rep I can assure you that if you are reasonable and ask for assistance company reps are always pleased to help and advise. Read the brochures and listen to his experience.

Just a thought, do you blow out your air filters with compressed air?
Most filters should not be blown through - you can do it, but you are just making minutely bigger holes in the element and these let through minutely bigger particles, the effect is obvious.
Likewise oil filters, if you change them late the filters are full if dirt and the by-pass valve lets dirty oil re-circulate until the engine dies.
Has there been a change in maintenance systems? The engines have done 2000 to 6000 hours, this a quite a spread but they all died together!

Posted 12 Feb 2005 04:21 AM Reply  Report this message
gary_w
New Zealand
Hi there

i have 3 x Hyster 5.0DX one of which has just had a major diff/transmission failure. the following was received from the service company.

"spent a bit of time investigating your diff failure yesterday
my conclusion is chain of event -
spider gear thrusts bearing surface wore out first.then went steel to steel and quickly contaminating oil.
Pinion bearing then collapsed destroying crownwheel and pinion.

Have got results back from oil lab for 401 and 985 both with alerts on them for excessive wear and oil contamination

Have checked your oil on site, and strongly recommend you double check with your supplier that it is compatible with HYSTER spec that follows.

Hyster spec :- for differential
SAE 90
API  GL-4

The oil you have on site and charted is
Mobil
85w-140
API  GL-5"

Spec of oil is very similar.
Hours on trucks range from 17000, 19000 (failed), 23000. Is this an inherrent problem with these trucks? Cost of failure so far $12500. Cost of investigation of remainder at least $5500 each.

Posted 7 Feb 2006 02:08 PM Reply  Report this message
gary_w
New Zealand
Hi there

i have 3 x Hyster 5.0DX one of which has just had a major diff/transmission failure. the following was received from the service company.

"spent a bit of time investigating your diff failure yesterday
my conclusion is chain of event -
spider gear thrusts bearing surface wore out first.then went steel to steel and quickly contaminating oil.
Pinion bearing then collapsed destroying crownwheel and pinion.

Have got results back from oil lab for 401 and 985 both with alerts on them for excessive wear and oil contamination

Have checked your oil on site, and strongly recommend you double check with your supplier that it is compatible with HYSTER spec that follows.

Hyster spec :- for differential
SAE 90
API  GL-4

The oil you have on site and charted is
Mobil
85w-140
API  GL-5"

Spec of oil is very similar.
Hours on trucks range from 17000, 19000 (failed), 23000. Is this an inherrent problem with these trucks? Cost of failure so far $12500. Cost of investigation of remainder at least $5500 each.

Posted 7 Feb 2006 02:08 PM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia