Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace NEW! Business Directory Discussion Forums Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Warehouse storage and handling
Discussion:  CAT V330B
Number of messages: 12

START MESSAGE:
WarehouseCork
N/A, Ireland
We have a CAT Forklift V330B. It has been a great servant but is giving some trouble now. Told we need a "Torque Converter" and I've identified the part number as 6Y5200
Local CAT dealer hasn't been able to help. Any ideas?

Posted 21 Aug 2014 01:28 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
Partsguy5
California, United States
Not sure why they told you that.  Still available but very expensive new.

Posted 21 Aug 2014 03:24 AM Reply  Report this message
WarehouseCork
N/A, Ireland
Sorry, I was unclear. Local CAT dealer can't help with a 'used' one. Can source a new one but forklift age doesn't justify the cost of buying the part new. Any idea on a used one? I looked up catused.cat.com but seems it only does full machines and not parts.

Modified 21 Aug 2014 06:00 PM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
swoop223
North Carolina, United States

have you tried google and search for reman cat torque converters?
there are places that rebuild them or even have them already repaired. i did a quick search and came up with a few places in the US that do them.

might take some time and a few phone calls to get what you need but it is possible.

-------------------------
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Posted 21 Aug 2014 08:12 PM Reply  Report this message
jamesh
Dublin, Ireland

this part number is availible and can be got from mitsubishi. its very dear though.do you want a price?

Posted 21 Aug 2014 08:25 PM Reply  Report this message
Philly
Ontario, Canada
Have you tried JPAT? They are a torque converter rebuilder in England.

Posted 21 Aug 2014 10:37 PM Reply  Report this message
bbforks
Pennsylvania, United States
Before you go through the time & expense of removing the trans & sourcing a converter I'd get a 2nd opinion on if you need it. Usually when a converter goes it throws lots of metallic material in the trans which then demands a rebuild too. The torque converter & the body of the trans are a matched set & serviced as such. What are your symptoms? Does your lift have a wet bellhousing?

bbforks (at) Hotmail (dot) com
Customers love technology- until they have to pay to fix it!

Modified 21 Aug 2014 11:01 PM
by poster.
swoop223
North Carolina, United States

bbforks does have a point
if your converter is indeed gone i would definatly drain the trans and check the fluid and sump screen for debris, metal etc.
You may find you just need a reman transmission with torque converter. Weight the price of that to the worth of the truck and also against the price of a new or used truck and then decide which way to go.

You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Posted 22 Aug 2014 02:14 AM Reply  Report this message
WarehouseCork
N/A, Ireland
Thanks everyone for all the advice, it's been very helpful.
I've got an independent mechanic coming tomorrow to take a look (a second opinion) and have taken note of all the points above.
I found a website urparts.com that seems to locate suppliers of used parts and have had quite a few replies from dealers in the USA & Canada but none yet from Europe. I'll see what the mechanic says tomorrow and go from there. thanks again!!!

Modified 22 Aug 2014 06:35 AM
by poster.
nickboy
Hunan, China

SANY Heavy-Duty Forklift Truck not only handles large-tonnage cargo, but also supports maintenance, discharge and installation of important equipment. When equipped with special accessories, it can also handle steel, stone, concrete, wood, and more. With hoisting capacity of 10 to 46 tons, it is highly efficient and adaptable to many operating environments.

Sany India: http://www.sany.in/

Posted 8 Aug 2016 12:48 AM Reply  Report this message
nickboy
Hunan, China

We are from the same group company

Posted 8 Sep 2016 08:25 PM Reply  Report this message
nickboy
Hunan, China

Motor grader is used very often in the road building and leveling. It is troublesome when the machine breaks down during the working process under a tight working schedule. In case of emergency, construction equipment daily maintenance is very important to keep the machine in a good condition all the time. The followings are some guidelines about the road machinery daily maintenance.

Posted 14 Oct 2016 11:30 PM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia