Heli HFD 25:
Load hold problem

My 2.5 ton lift 3M mast machine will not hold a load in the air, the main mast lift slowly sinks sometimes. Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix this, how do I repair a leakdown like this. Is there a detailed Youtube video on this perhaps. The main dealers will just want to throw on a new valve bank but the machine although maybe 12 years old has very low hours. Thanks.
  • Posted 27 Apr 2021 09:04
  • Discussion started by james_k
  • Sussex, United Kingdom
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
I'd suggest to determine where the leakage occurs first, cylinders or valve block. I usually make use of a hand operated valve, mounting it between cylinder connection and pressure hose. Lift up with weight>close valve> if load slowly sinks you'd know that your problem is in the cylinders (with a freelift model you can determine if its in the primary or secundairy cylinders).

If the problem would be in the valve block, with a load that's coming down the valve block return hose would give the amount of oil coming from the leaking cylinders.

Just guessing that you have a bad valve in the bottom of the piston from one of your lift cylinders.
  • Posted 29 Apr 2021 15:39
  • Reply by Speedfreak
  • Niederlande, Netherlands

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Inside Forkliftaction

While it may be close to business as usual for most materials handling manufacturers and dealers, things are still far from normal in the trade show space, with more events postponed this week - and others being held virtually.
It looks like it will be a while before the major shows
...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features

1. ENERGY SOLUTIONS – March 2021
2. AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS – May 2021

Inside Forkliftaction

While it may be close to business as usual for most materials handling manufacturers and dealers, things are still far from normal in the trade show space, with more events postponed this week - and others being held virtually.
...Continue Reading

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

SMV (Konecranes) F14-600C
Netherlands
Canada Ontario
Canada Ontario
Canada Ontario

Next Editorial Features

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features