Discussion:
General Liability Insurance

Hey business owners.

Little bit about us, we have been in the industry since 1979 have had zero claims and have struggled every single year to get liability insurance.

I'm curious, is it just us?

We pay a insane premium because of this and over and over are told that underwriters will not insure forklift companies. Now I'd totally understand that if all of us were offing people daily however comparing say automotive to forklifts there is a h3ll of a lot more risk in the automotive sector simply due to the cars being on public roadways.

Anyways let me know and if you have a insurance company that you like and doesn't bend you over please put it down. Maybe if we worked together (I know scarry thought for us in this industry) we could actually have a decent chance at insurance.

I am also leaving reviews now for insurance brokers if they won't even try to insure us like Zensurance who I left a review for today. Literally wrote reason for denial is "forklift repair" lol.
  • Posted 11 Apr 2024 01:16
  • Modified 11 Apr 2024 01:20 by poster
  • Discussion started by Patrick_Reakes
  • British Columbia, Canada
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
You are somewhat correct. Insurance companies in Canada hate the forklift industry and try to refrain from conducting any business with us. Not sure what aspect you are involved in the Canadian forklift industry, but we, as a specialized forklift safety training firm have liability insurance, which I may add is expensive, however, error and omissions is extremely difficult and expensive. I do not require such a policy, Ill leave that to my competition however, you should be able somehow obtain liability insurance.
  • Posted 19 Apr 2024 06:49
  • Reply by dan_m
  • Ontario, Canada
Constantly Lifting The Standard!

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Taylor TX330S
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, United States
Used - Sale & Hire
USD159,500
Toyota 7FBEU20
Flesherton, Ontario, Canada
Used - Sale

PREMIUM business

ROYPOW Technology Co., Ltd.
Manufacturer of lithium forklift battery solutions, the global leader in the market of lithium batteries replacing lead acid batteries.
Global Industry News
edition #1179 - 16 May 2024
This week we bring news of big industry players expanding their companies with cross-border acquisitions and investments... Continue reading
Movers & Shakers
Tom Panzarella Tom Panzarella
Chief Technology Officer, Seegrid
Member of the Board of Directors, Logistec
Asia Pacific President, Seko Logistics
Director of North America, GRI
Upcoming industry events …
May 30-31, 2024 - Singapore, Singapore
June 11 - 13, 2024 - Rotterdam, Netherlands
October 23-25, 2024 - Ningbo, China
Movers & Shakers
Tom Panzarella Tom Panzarella