Discussion:
Clark Forklifts

I was also hoping to gain some insight on Clark. Our company is looking at purchasing either a Clark electric truck or a Crown electric truck. Does anybody know the plus and minuses of both?
  • Posted 10 Oct 2008 08:56
  • Discussion started by Zigwagger
  • Utah, United States
May the Fork be with you
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
Zip,
I agree to some extent w/ Teneessee. First take a close look at the parts, service, rental capabilities of the local servicing dealer. Keep ion mind big does not always mean better. I smaller organization can be as good as a larger company (with less overhead cost to cover, more flexible on topical matters and the ownership of the company is on site, many times the top gun can be several states away). The smaller company can provide what a call the neighborhood doctor approach vs. the large clinic)

Relative Clark parts availabilty, they are as good as anyone in the business, they have been around for a long time. They have a unique capability of getting parts orders (emergency parts/ critical truck down) called in by the local dealership by 6 PM EST out the same day and you can have the part at your dealer the next day (not many lift truck parts oprations can do this can do that) - FedEX is just across the driveway. Last time I checked I would bet that Toyota has parts made in Japan on their units (maybe China too) especially the electronics portion, I would be willing to bet that Crown and Raymond have parts in their trucks that come from overseas countries. A lot of controllers used in lift trucks today especially AC Controllers are made in Italy (Zapi) or Sweden (the former Atlas Copco company) or ???.

Yep, I worked for a Clark dealer organization for 4 years, Yale dealer a couple and Komatsu, Mitusubichi and Allis Chalmers (factory) the balance of my 41 year career in the forklift business. But I have turned it over to the younger guys 1.5 years ago. Started looking like 1973 once again to me and even closer now. 1973 was a once in a liftime experience for me (and a lot others) - no thanks for another trip.

Hope this helps.
  • Posted 11 Nov 2008 03:57
  • Reply by johnr_j
  • Georgia, United States
"Have An Exceptional Day!"
I would recommend you demo them both, tour the local dealerships that will be servicing you, and ask for three local references with models similiar to yours. With electrics you are better suited with Raymond/Toyota/Crown based on electric market share (Is the clark model made in the US? Will parts be readily available if made in Korea/China?). If you demo/tour/call references the choice will become clear. Best of luck
  • Posted 16 Oct 2008 13:15
  • Reply by Tennessee
  • Tennessee, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Kalmar Ottawa T2-4X2OFF-HIGHWAY
United States Pennsylvania
United Kingdom
Malaysia
Malaysia
Denmark

Forklift Diaries

Living safety for 35 years, a forklift instructor reflects
Forklift instructor and warehouse manager Peter Faiers shares stories from his 35 years in the industry and provides insights into the changing landscape of safety training.

Movers & Shakers

managing director
Beumer, Germany
sales
Bristol Forklifts, United Kingdom
technical consultant
Ranger Lifting, Australia
Lifetime Achievement
Harting Technology Group, Germany

Svetruck 1260-30
Denmark
Belgium
Belgium
Canada Ontario

Forklift Diaries

Forklift instructor and warehouse manager Peter Faiers shares stories from his 35 years in the industry and provides insights into the changing landscape of safety training.

Movers & Shakers

managing director
Beumer, Germany
sales
technical consultant
Lifetime Achievement

Kalmar Ottawa T2-4X2OFF-HIGHWAY
Canada Ontario
Canada Ontario
Belgium

Forklift Diaries

Movers & Shakers

managing director
Beumer, Germany
sales
technical consultant
Lifetime Achievement