Discussion:
A New Safety App?

I'm currently working on a warehouse safety mobile app and have encountered this list of OSHA safety checklists. Are they good?
http://oshaindustrialsafetytraining.com/j/index.php/warehouse-safety-checklists
And since I'm more familiar with computer science than with the warehouse industry, I'm wondering how much warehouses could be interested in using a warehouse safety mobile app that would enable them to conduct and store safety inspections on their mobile devices, as well as share them with others via email, dropbox, etc. ?
I will really appreciate your feedback!
Sincerely,
Yulia
  • Posted 14 Mar 2015 09:17
  • Discussion started by yulia_snappii
  • New Hampshire, United States
Showing items 1 - 10 of 10 results.
Such applications are very popular now. This is facilitated by the development of technologies that simplify the work in the warehouse. In addition to ready-made solutions, many companies resort to custom applications. So they can create software exclusively for their needs. You can read about the development of such applications here: https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/best-ways-for-warehouse-optimization---leading-technologies-for-inventory
  • Posted 15 Oct 2020 21:07
  • Reply by Entony_Green
  • New York, United States
Does anyone know about the shock watches they put on forklifts now that react to any impact for safety? Was wanting to know when they hit a certain calibration if they should be recalibrated?
  • Posted 8 Dec 2015 22:30
  • Reply by rojohat
  • Ohio, United States
Rhonda wilson
Just remember that any printed material is under copyright laws and you would firstly have to get permission from the owner of those details otherwise you could be prosecuted. I know as we have had people use our information and re issue it with changes and we have won all cases to date. So be carefull.
  • Posted 2 Jul 2015 16:03
  • Reply by calvin_w
  • Victoria, Australia
every time you use it it's one less time that it can be used
Daily safety checks are a two way street, beneficial to both the driver and of other staff , also providing management with information on their capital expenditure. If drivers donkey tick their safety check logbook and have an accident involving someone being injured the driver must deal with the consequences , on the other hand if a logbook presents an ongoing fault not rectified by management then they must bear the outcome.Logbook checks should only take a competent person a few minutes prior to daily use, any faults recorded , management should be notified, for them to advise what procedure and necessary steps need to be taken. Most drivers are aware of the condition and niggly items that appear with their forklift and do not need to spend excessive time doing the checks unless the forklift is so bad it should be out of service. Here in Australia we have been using this system for 15years now and most companies recognise the benefits of a logbook, it also helps with the relationship of employee/ employer when both take an active part in checks being done and management overseas the logbook recordings on a regular basis. It's like the old proverb a stitch in time saves nine. if you do not understand this ask your dad or grandfather. Check out the Australian logbook website for a extensive range of logbooks for many industries.
  • Posted 23 Apr 2015 17:36
  • Reply by calvin_w
  • Victoria, Australia
every time you use it it's one less time that it can be used
20 years in warehouses as in-house lift truck tech. I was at the 1st one for 13 years and my current for 8 years. Hundreds of operators come and go between both buildings. One thing they both have in common. Even when pre-opp inspections a required by employer probably 90% are pencil whipped. Even when done electronicly. They fill them out (or punch them in) without even looking at the inspection points. It seems that Daily Equipment Safety Inspections (DESI's) are only filled out (or punched in) correctly is when the machine ends up in so bad of shape it actually should be having a work order filled out.
  • Posted 14 Apr 2015 02:41
  • Modified 14 Apr 2015 02:42 by poster
  • Reply by chevotaman
  • Washington, United States
It's all just nuts n' bolts.
This is an excellent topic, and I am in the very same situation. Strong computer skills, good warehouse skills.

I see violations daily. Maybe 5% of the staff fill out their pre-trips (and that usually means their machine is broken and they want it fixed). Numerous machine safety issues, (no lights, strobe, backup beeper, fire extinguisher etc.)

My safety guy actually put me into the mech dept to start addressing these issues, but now that I'm "in the department", I find it very difficult to get past the new bosses to implement the safety changes/upgrades.

I will say this, the drivers are good and aware of their machines, but...
  • Posted 8 Apr 2015 12:53
  • Reply by Turb0
  • British Columbia, Canada
Most in the uk use windows devices
  • Posted 19 Mar 2015 09:43
  • Reply by lifter01
  • West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Manufacturer I work for in Europe only uses Windows devices, only the US seems to not have taken to Windows phone / tablets.
  • Posted 17 Mar 2015 18:01
  • Reply by Forkingabout
  • england, United Kingdom
Both iOS and Android platforms (phones and tablets included). No Windows for now, but we are working on offering Windows apps as well.
  • Posted 17 Mar 2015 08:58
  • Modified 17 Mar 2015 09:02 by poster
  • Reply by yulia_snappii
  • New Hampshire, United States
Android & IOS app.

You going to bother with Windows phone?

Windows phone is gaining market share around Europe unlike the US.
  • Posted 14 Mar 2015 20:24
  • Reply by Forkingabout
  • england, United Kingdom

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Contribute to the upcoming feature on PEDESTRIAN FORKLIFTS & MOVERS and share your insights on new developments in application, design and technology. CONTACT US to get involved...
Cascade has reliable, state-of-the-art attachments to help you make the most of palletless handling.

Latest Jobs

Pasadena, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States

Fact of the week

The Olympics Used to Award Medals for Art. From 1912 to 1948, the Olympic Games held competitions in the fine arts. Medals were given for literature, architecture, sculpture, painting, and music. Before the art events were eventually removed, 151 medals were awarded.
'The yearling' sculpture in Denver, Colorado
A Rocky Mountain city provides a happy ending for a pinto pony and his Brobdingnagian red chair.

Latest Jobs

Evansville, IN, United States
Pasadena, Texas, United States
The Plant Digitization Conference will be held virtually on the 19th and 20th August, 2021 (Singapore time zone).
In ports, forest products damage risk is increased due to the handling speed and need to quickly clear the harbor dock. For paper roll damage free handling Bolzoni Auramo recommends the CTX intelligent clamps featuring a fully automatic clamp force control system.

Fact of the week

The Olympics Used to Award Medals for Art. From 1912 to 1948, the Olympic Games held competitions in the fine arts. Medals were given for literature, architecture, sculpture, painting, and music. Before the art events were eventually removed, 151 medals were awarded.
A Rocky Mountain city provides a happy ending for a pinto pony and his Brobdingnagian red chair.
The Plant Digitization Conference will be held virtually on the 19th and 20th August, 2021 (Singapore time zone).
- Load capacity 1.5ton - Lift height 4.5m-10m - Min. aisle width 1640mm With ultra wide vision, MiMA man-up turret truck can operate with ease in very narrow...

Latest Jobs

Cincinnati, OH, United States
Las Vegas, NV, United States

Fact of the week