Leading Italian telehandler specialist Merlo Group
is seeking to expand its local distribution and customer support with the appointment of a dealer in Melbourne. Merlo products have been distributed in Australia for 12 years and the parent company started Merlo Group Australia barely two years ago – the first branch in the world located outside Europe.
The company’s Business Development Manager, Peter Trevitt, recently confirmed that Merlo’s rapid growth in the Australian market demanded the appointment of a Melbourne-based dealer to continue its close customer support in sales, technical back-up and training.
Last year, in the first year of Merlo Group Australia’s operations, the company’s Multifarmer won the ‘Imported Machine of the Year’ at the Elmore Field Days in Victoria and Merlo Cingo won an award for its versatility and ease of handling at the prestigious Dowerin Field Days in Western Australia. These local awards follow a swag of international awards for engineering, quality and innovation in Europe and the United Kingdom.
Merlo began in 1911 as a small-scale craft workshop involved in iron working, in Cuneo, in the north west of Italy. By the 1960s, the company was operating on a clearly industrial scale when Natalina and Amilcare Merlo established Merlo Spa in 1964. This was concurrent with the building of a new factory premises in S. Defendente di Cervasca, on the outskirts of Cuneo.
More than 48,000 Merlo machines are now in use worldwide. The company now has an annual turnover in excess of 270 million Euro, six production and assembly lines for 71 models, and more than 600 dealers worldwide.
The Merlo corporate strategy has always been focused on research, specialization and the anticipation of future market needs. The company leads the way in technological advance with its range of telescopic handlers, self-loading concrete mixers, and tracked carriers. Merlo enjoys a leading position in all the world markets, setting the benchmarks in the field of telescopic handlers.
The Merlo range includes:
- Compacts: Telehandlers designed for working in confined areas, easy to operate, with eight models embracing load capacities from 2,800-3,200kg and lift heights over 8 metres.
- Panoramic: Telescopic handlers with unparalleled lifting performance combined with ease of operation and versatility. Includes 20 models lifting from 2,600 to 10,000kg with lift heights up to 18 metres.
- Turbofarmer: A high specification machine with 102/140hp Deutz turbocharged diesel engines. Compact dimensions allow operation in confined spaces coupled with excellent towing capability. Turbofarmer is a most efficient machine for all agricultural applications.18 models lifting from 2800 to 4100kg with lift heights up to 9 metres.
- Multifarmer: This idea revolutionised agricultural materials handling. It is a telescopic handler with rear mounted three point linkage and full power mechanical PTO. Four models with 3,000kg lift capacity and lift heights up to 9 metres.
- Roto: Telescopic handlers designed to operate at great lift heights with maximum safety and efficiency, having the added advantage of slewing capability.10 models lift from 3,000 to 5,000 kg with lift heights of over 25 metres.
- Cingo: Hydrostatic tracked tool carriers which can work where traditional machinery can’t reach made even more versatile by the number of different interchangeable tools and attachments available. Six models offer capacities from 600 to 1,000kg in more than 80 different combinations.
- DBM: The self-loading concrete mixer for those who need maximum operating flexibility in the production and placement of concrete. Three models have capacities from 2,000 to 3,500 litres.
Mr Trevitt said the dealership opportunity in Melbourne has an excellent foundation, based on a sound international business founded on innovation and engineering qualities that have established international benchmarks.
Parties interested in Merlo equipment, or in business development with Merlo Group Australia, can contact Business Development Manager Peter Trevitt through 1300 657325 or the website www.merloaustralia.com.au.