A propane-leaking forklift exploded at a Dallas freight warehouse on Tuesday, injuring an employee and causing minor damage.
The Star-Telegram reported employees told firefighters they were trying to replace a propane tank on the forklift when the tank began to leak.
Grapevine Fire Marshall Dick Ward said the liquid propane vapours "became too much for the employees", so they ran out of the area.
"Within 30 seconds after they left, the forklift exploded. The vapours probably contacted the heat of the forklift, and caused the explosion," Ward said.
He said the explosion ignited a fire on the forklift and a nearby trailer loaded with office supplies, causing about USD15,000 of damage.
The employee who suffered burns was taken to Baylor Medical Centre, Grapevine.
His injuries were not life-threatening, officials said.