Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace Business Directory Discussion Forums Spec-Checker Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Technical arena
Discussion:  Clark HWD/30 walkie
Number of messages: 4

START MESSAGE:
todd_r
Pennsylvania, United States
I have run into a technical problem on a Clark HWD/30 that I'm hoping someone can help me with. When actuating the emergency reverse switch the motor turns to start switching direretions & stalls within a second or two & then I receive an "open motor winding" fault on the Curtis controller which is reset by disconnecting power. I have 24V from the switch up to the DC controller & I swapped the controller with a spare unit with the same results. Any ideas that I may be missing?

Posted 22 Jul 2011 03:23 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
This unit has a return to neutral feature, meaning when the emergency reverse switch (aka belly button switch) is activated) the operator (or tech) needs to moved the handle to the vertical or neutral position then select a drive direction.  Part of the safety feature is to disconnect any drive signal when the belly button switch has been activated for operator safety.  Hope this helps.

-------------------------
"Have An Exceptional Day!"

Posted 22 Jul 2011 06:59 AM Reply  Report this message
todd_r
Pennsylvania, United States
Johnr, thanks for the reply, my only question is that we have several of this model walkie & they all auto change direction to  fwd when the belly button is pushed & stay in the fwd movement until the button is released. The unit in question only "bumps" fwd for a second & then the PLC faults out & you must disconnect/re-energize to clear the fault. All our units have the same model DC controller, so the logic, I imagine, should be the same. For safety reasons, we cannot use this walkie until the problem is fixed, due to the issue of having someone pinned behind the walkie as it will barely move fwd when the belly button is pushed. Any thoughts??

Posted 22 Jul 2011 10:56 PM Reply  Report this message
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
I understand your situation a bit clear now.
Have you had anyone  put a Curtis hand set on this unit to trouble shoot the "black box" or compare the parameter setting?  I would suggest you call in the Clark dealer to do this.

-------------------------
"Have An Exceptional Day!"

Posted 25 Jul 2011 03:53 AM Reply  Report this message

Ads

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia