Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace Business Directory Discussion Forums Spec-Checker Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Lifting machines
Discussion:  Narrow aisle forklift
Number of messages: 6

START MESSAGE:
sherm_q
Illinois, United States
I am working on a narrow aisle warehouse. Does anyone have opinions on the differences between Bendi vs. Drexel lift trucks?

Posted 24 Jan 2006 08:19 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
InventoryOps
Wisconsin, United States
It depends on the use of the truck. If the primary use is placing standard sized loads (48” x 40” pallets) into and out of selective rack, the Drexel swing mast allows you to have narrower aisles than the Bendi and also provides for fast putaway/extraction rates once the drivers get used to the truck.

On the other hand, the bendi offers greater flexibility since it can handle non-standard loads (wider loads) and also works well for loading and unloading trailers (you can load and unload trailers with a Drexel, but it is a little more difficult).  Though I should mention that its rather wasteful to use these more expensive trucks for frequent trailer loading. A bendi also works well in manufacturing areas where its turning characteristics allow it to snake its way through the narrow zigzagging access aisles commonly found in production areas. The Drexel will probably cost more in maintenance.

In either case, I suggest making your aisles wider than the minimum aisle widths recommended by the manufacturer. You’ll find that minimum aisle widths on these trucks (especially the bendi) tend to be productivity killers.

Posted 1 Feb 2006 03:32 AM Reply  Report this message
RPM7
Monaghan, Ireland
How does the aisle master compare to these machines.

Posted 13 Feb 2006 11:24 PM Reply  Report this message
mike_n
Alberta, Canada
Yah, they are both only 'pretend' forklifts.

Don't consider these units if you are a high volume warehouse.
If, on the otherhand you are low-volume and really won't work the truck too hard they are both fine choices.
In my experience the drexel is the better choice if just from a mechanics perspective.
Drexels have horrible visibility at the rear.
Bendi's are awkward and don't handle grades and uneven surfaces well.

Seriously, these are only good for low-volume applications.

Posted 3 Mar 2006 01:44 AM Reply  Report this message

Ads

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia