Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace Business Directory Discussion Forums Spec-Checker Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Lifting machines
Discussion:  Flexi G4
Number of messages: 9

START MESSAGE:
powerlifter
united kingdom, United Kingdom

Hi
Can anyone help me with a manual for a Flexi G4 serial number
115564 as im getting alot of silly error codes coming up and need to trouble shoot, any help would be very much appreciated as i have alot of very useful information to share.

-------------------------
A good engineer is a helpful engineer

Posted 26 Apr 2012 02:53 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
peter_d
manchester, United Kingdom
Hi powerlifter,
The flexi G4 that I look after has a Zapi controller on it,you can use the standard Zapi hand held programmer is all that I use, there should been a wiring diagram/error list on the under side of the seat panel. Sorry no manual though.

Pete

Posted 27 Apr 2012 06:47 AM Reply  Report this message
powerlifter

Hi pete d
Yes i have had the Zappi hand held plug into the controller but there is no faults showing, but when you drive or operate the machine all sorts of different faults codes show on clock but nothing rock solid, and the machine still performs ok.
Iv even left hand held plugged in then operated machine until machine throws up fault.  Showing  Watch Dog at this stage the machine should cut out but doesnt it will still operate ok showing Watch Dog.
I just cant understand it, im almost certain tho the fault is in the controller but the controller as already been back to Zappi for repair and they fitted a new Logic Card and Reflashed it with base programs. but the machine still throws up various faults or Watch Dog.....
Any ideas as im starting to become bald.....

Modified 28 Apr 2012 03:34 AM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
AndyPandy
Staffordshire, WM, United Kingdom

I don't suppose it has non marking white tyres fitted with no earthing strip?

Posted 28 Apr 2012 07:00 PM Reply  Report this message
powerlifter

Hi AndyPandy
Thanks for your reply, answer  no it has standard tyres, iv even checked for anything in the building ie alarm semsors fire alarm or remote doors that maybe spiking the machine all yto no avail. The battery on the truck as been removed and another fitted. The loom and motor cables have  been visually inspected with no breaks found. not sure what to check now other than swapping the Zappi Controller and belling out every wire in the loom.
Any ideas greatly received. Thanks

Posted 28 Apr 2012 07:14 PM Reply  Report this message
edward_t
South Carolina, United States

Just throwing in my WAGs
what about checking the plugs and pins connections (particularly the inputs and can bus connections between the controllers).
Does it do it only while driving on the floor or will it do it if you have the drive wheels off the floor?
Have you taken a eyeball and confirmed ALL the drive motor brushes, and have you checked 'shorts to frame' on all the power cable connections?
What are the codes you are seeing? (?only watchdog?)

"it's not rocket surgery"

Posted 29 Apr 2012 01:20 AM Reply  Report this message
peter_d
manchester, United Kingdom
Hi,
Is there any choke on the motor cable, Check suppression on contactor coils fit some if not, carry out insulation test on all motors and cables even battery cables. Has it a beacon on disconnect if it has, check any relays coils one might have a dodgy coil, Check mast switch is correctly adjusted is they any play in mast rollers, is they any plastic warp around wheels causing static electricity building up, just look for anything that might sent interference back to the zapi controller that about all I can think of,

Pete

Modified 29 Apr 2012 08:22 PM
by poster.
powerlifter

Hi Everyone
Firstly thank you for your help information and input with my problem.
I can now report that the machine as been running now with no faults or error codes showing.
The problem seemed to be related to bad insulation on the main wiring loom and this was found after removing all wiring from truck and checking every individual wire on the loom, after checking !! the insulation was replaced and the loom refitted to the truck. After this the codes never returned so fault finding was put on hold so we could monitor the truck. Three days now and No faults, compared to every other couple of minutes before.  

Posted 3 May 2012 06:50 AM Reply  Report this message
chris_n
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Powerlifter,

Just seen your posts, why not call the manufacturer Narrow Aisle Ltd and ask for technical support?

Modified 31 May 2012 08:14 AM
by poster.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia